I don't give two ****s about math, history, etc. The only thing I care about is learning foreign languages. I am 16 and speak English obviously and can speak good Spanish as well as communicable Mandarin Chinese, mostly self-taught I know there is a big market for people who can speak many languages and I want to benefit from one of my favorite hobbies- learning languages. So anyway, is there anyway I can just go to college and they ship me off to China or something to learn the languages? I don't want to waste 2 years or whatever on stupid stuff I don't care about.
Well you can get involved with an exchange program to study and practice your skills in another country. Good luck with skipping required courses though...
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
You won't get any kind of decent degree without taking your gen eds. Sorry, bud.
You could take them as an AP class in high school, and if you make a good enough grade on the AP test for that particular class you can get college credit for it.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
depends upon the class. if you take a class in high school that can get you college credits, maybe. if you take an advanced class and take the AP test for that course, maybe. some classes you can test out of (depending upon the class... usually not the core classes) and usually you can't do an exchange program until second year ... also depends upon the school.
Short Answer: No. But you can major in Chinese or Spanish if you want.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
you really can't, but if you take advanced classes, you can get a few waived. Also, taking classes at community colleges over the summer can count towards certain core classes, but that depends on the school, and usually you do that between junior and senior year and the summer before you start college. could be exceptions though.
point being, ask your counselor and the colleges you're thinking of going to.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by metal4life592
You could take them as an AP class in high school, and if you make a good enough grade on the AP test for that particular class you can get college credit for it.

Yea I am taking AP World History right now and it sucks dick! My teacher said the AP courses are designed to be harder than the actual college course. I was like "LOL WTF??" We write these goddamned essays like 10 times a week.

I like questions like this:

-Who unified China?

-List 3 Chinese dynasties.

I hate questions like this:

-Explain how the Silk Road trade routes influenced the socio-political impact of art and science on India and China.

-Explain how literature influenced political organization in the feudalistic socieities of Japan and Europe. Also apply this concept to gender construction.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Well you can get involved with an exchange program to study and practice your skills in another country. Good luck with skipping required courses though...

your so sexy cody
Quote by johnpetrucci05

I like questions like this:

-Who unified China?

-List 3 Chinese dynasties.

I hate questions like this:

-Explain how the Silk Road trade routes influenced the socio-political impact of art and science on India and China.

-Explain how literature influenced political organization in the feudalistic socieities of Japan and Europe. Also apply this concept to gender construction.

You're not gonna get very far answering only the former type of questions. The latter are way more important, trust me, I took AP World in 10th grade (got a 5 ) those questions are what college courses are all about.

Your teacher is wrong about AP being harder than college courses.

And advice on your first question and your mandarin:
Da xue de shi hou ni dei shang hen duo zhong de ke.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
your so sexy cody

Right back at ya stud
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.