What way should I go about fixing this? I'm thinking fill up with spackle and paint over, but I dunno. The "hole" is about 3-5 sq. inches, and about 1.5-1.75 inches deep. Cracks extend, but cracks are easy to fix. Ive got some ideas, but I'd rather hear some more experienced guy's idea.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments:
0224081612.jpg
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
quit punching your walls. how about that?
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Quote by A_New_Level
quit punching your walls. how about that?

Listen to this guy.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
This same thing happened to me when I drunkenly threw my friend through our wall, I am guessing that this situation is the same thing. I forget what the stuffs called but its like some sort of clothlike material that resembles a net that I put over the hole then spackled over that and painted it. However I am no expert. I think just filling it up would work too but that would be more work and require a ****-ton of spackle.
David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Spinal Tap
Your plan will work. Use mud not spackle though. Your also going to need a lot. Make sure you sand. Also, be careful around it, because Mud is softer than drywall.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
if you want it to look right your going to have to cut a sqaure out of the wall....from joist to joist then replace the sheetrock, tape the seems, spackle...wait for it dry, sand it ...apply another coat, sand, sponge the wall then paint...i was a contractor/plumber for 4 years so believe, this will make it look new
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
lol, my ex kicked a hole in my wall when I texted "dookie" to her gay uncle with her phone. I taped printer paper over it, but that's no good.
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
you'll have to use drywall tape. it looks like a bunch of thread running vertical and horizontal. like this:
####
####
####

it's sticky. put that over it after you've scraped all of the excess loose bits off. then you can mud over it. The other stuff is just like a thin roll of paper, but you have to use a mud tray and coat it with mud first. a lot more complicated.... and messy
Quote by imtank
if you want it to look right your going to have to cut a sqaure out of the wall....from joist to joist then replace the sheetrock, tape the seems, spackle...wait for it dry, sand it ...apply another coat, sand, sponge the wall then paint...i was a contractor/plumber for 4 years so believe, this will make it look new

True, but I used to work in a business where it only has to look good for the 5 minutes some one reviews the house before buying it.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

a while ago i put my knee through my wall, and it looked a lot like that. I just spackled it and repainted. You can tell something happened to the wall if you look close, but it's ok. I suggest you do the same.
i just looked at the pic again...your probably going to have to take off that door trim too, thats where the first joist is gonna be
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
You can use spackle and paint (I did as well). It will be fine as long as you don't hit it again.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Haha, I didn't do this. My friend did. I didn't ask him how, but he's giving me a head of frogspawn if I fix it for him.

So, I want it to look good, but not cost alot, or take up too much time.

So, I should just get some drywall tape, tape over it, and put some mud on? That kinda sounds off to me though. Wouldn't I want mud under the tape, so I have something to paint on?

I really have no idea. If someone could gimme a step by step, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
Haha, I didn't do this. My friend did. I didn't ask him how, but he's giving me a head of frogspawn if I fix it for him.

So, I want it to look good, but not cost alot, or take up too much time.

So, I should just get some drywall tape, tape over it, and put some mud on? That kinda sounds off to me though. Wouldn't I want mud under the tape, so I have something to paint on?

I really have no idea. If someone could gimme a step by step, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

Buy drywall Mud. Get very very very large puddy knife. Put lots of mud on puddy knife. Slap it on the drywall. Smooth out. Repeat until it looks damn fine. Let Dry. Then, sand lightly with sanding block/sanding sponge until it looks fine. Blow dust off. Paint white.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

the above wont work...it will just fall into the wall...also when you use too my spackle it cracks because it shrinks when it dries....i did give you a step by step...follow that...it should take about an hour and cost under 20$
-Kurt Cobain
Quote by imtank
the above wont work...it will just fall into the wall...also when you use too my spackle it cracks because it shrinks when it dries....i did give you a step by step...follow that...it should take about an hour and cost under 20$

I've been doing it for years on hundreds of jobs...

And once again, use mud, not spackle. There is slight differences.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

ok...and what happens in someone leans on the wall where the 8 pounds of mud is? it will just cave in...the kid actually has to live there...not cover it up to fool would be buyers/inspectors...do it right the first time and there wont be more problems down the line
-Kurt Cobain
I think I'll do imtank's idea, because I think his will be a bit sturdier. I'll just fill it up with mud though if imtank's is too time consuming. So, I just knock out some wall? Will ply wood work in place of sheetrock? How do I attach it too the wall? Just screw it onto a joist? Is there a way to do it without taking off the door trim? After I put on the plywood, can I just paint over with texture spray? Thanks.
Gear...
Quote by imtank
ok...and what happens in someone leans on the wall where the 8 pounds of mud is? it will just cave in...the kid actually has to live there...not cover it up to fool would be buyers/inspectors...do it right the first time and there wont be more problems down the line

Fine, you got me...

But, they would have to lean pretty hard still. Yes, I would do what this guy says. Go to menards and buy a piece of their broken drywall. You'll be able to cut your square out of that, and screw it on to the studs. Then, mud around it. I wouldn't use vinyl spackle though, that's more for smaller jobs.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by abcdboy
I think I'll do imtank's idea, because I think his will be a bit sturdier. I'll just fill it up with mud though if imtank's is too time consuming. So, I just knock out some wall? Will ply wood work in place of sheetrock? How do I attach it too the wall? Just screw it onto a joist? Is there a way to do it without taking off the door trim? After I put on the plywood, can I just paint over with texture spray? Thanks.

Don't use plywood, it is more expensive than sheetrock and will feel crappy.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

So how will I take the door trim off, if I have to?
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
So how will I take the door trim off, if I have to?

You're going to slide a flat bar in between the trim and the wall, tap it in gently with a hammer if needed, and try to pry it loose GENTLY. If you hear cracking, stop, and re-adjust. Try to get near the trim nails when prying. You don't have to take the whole thing off, just pry it up enough to where you can work around it. You can just slide the nails back into place, hopefully. If not, you're going to have to re-nail it into the wall and repaint the trim too.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

ok....NO PLYWOOD....use a utility knife to cut a staight lined box around the hole (you'll probably have to take the trim of to get access to the joist...once the sqaure is cut, hit the middle of the box and the sheetrock should uniformly break away...next measure your sqaure and cut the new SHEETROCK to fit....secure the sheet rock to the wall with sheet rock screws...once its screwed to the wall fill in the gaps with spackle..then take a spackly knife and scrape the excess spackly away....wait for it to dry....then sand it down....apply another coat sand then you can paint it....i suggest trying to find out what paint was originally used so you dont have to diffrent colors on the wall....use a roller for the best look...oh and to get the trim off use a crowbar and wedge it between the wall and the trim and GENTLY pry it off...dont try to pop it off in one spot or it will break...you have to pry a little slide up pry and little etc....hope that helps
also when you screw the sheetrock to wall...make sure the screws sink into the sheetrock about a 1/4 of an inch...then fill that small hole with spackle
-Kurt Cobain
Last edited by imtank at Feb 25, 2008,