I'm sure none of you give a shit, but what did everyone think of the Oscar outcomes tonight?

Personally, I was hoping for a win for Paul Thomas Anderson for Best Director and There Will Be Blood for Best Picture. But The Coen Brothers and No Country For Old Men was my second choice (they won).

Tilda Swinton winning Best Actress was surprising.
And I'm glad Diablo Cody got Best Original Screenplay for Juno.

Thoughts? Comments? Who cares?
Poor advice.
I thought Ellen Page was going to win best female actress. But other than that i'm mostly satisfied with the winners. No Country For Old Men was a remarkable movie.

EDIT:

I'm sorry, but I have to compliment you, stellar, for your avatar. It's one of my favorite movies.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Last edited by Jersey_Zombie at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by stellar_legs

Really? It just seems from your average tastes and disdain for anything really popular, I gathered that you would have been against anything Juno related.

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
I thought Ellen Page was going to win best female actress.

I was hoping she would, but Marion Cotillard's acceptance speech made me glad she won.
I'm sure none of you give a shit, but what did everyone think of the Oscar outcomes tonight?

Personally, I was hoping for a win for Paul Thomas Anderson for Best Director and There Will Be Blood for Best Picture. But The Coen Brothers and No Country For Old Men was my second choice (they won).

Thoughts? Comments? Who cares?
I watched it, im also happy she won for the screenplay of juno.I think jon stewart was really funny.Loved the joke about cate blanchett. and seth rogen was pretty funny too.I think coen brothers deserved their wins.
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by happytimeharry
Really? It just seems from your average tastes and disdain for anything really popular, I gathered that you would have been against anything Juno related.

I loved Juno. I think it's the most well written comedy I've seen in ages. Smart and quick, and I love seeing new talents get respected (Diablo Cody).

I don't hate movies that are popular.....just Garden State, Donnie Darko, the Boondock Saints and American History X.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
I loved Juno. I think it's the most well written comedy I've seen in ages. Smart and quick, and I love seeing new talents get respected (Diablo Cody).

I don't hate movies that are popular.....just Garden State, Donnie Darko, the Boondock Saints and American History X.

Ok, let me rephrase that a little. You seem to hate the popularity, not the movie itself I guess. It just comes off as hating the film sometimes though. Anyway, good to hear you actually liked a Juno since I generally trust your tastes.
Quote by happytimeharry
Ok, let me rephrase that a little. You seem to hate the popularity, not the movie itself I guess. It just comes off as hating the film sometimes though. Anyway, good to hear you actually liked a Juno since I generally trust your tastes.

Nah. The four I listed, I generally don't think they're good movies. They all have their moments (except for Boondock Saints which pisses me off to even think of), but in general I just think they're very very very poor movies.
Poor advice.
I agree juno was really good, its a good comedy but its not like superbad where all the jokes are sexual or involve things 13 year olds talk about.Juno was a well written comedy, with a serious story and theme.good movie i liked it.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Loved the joke about cate blanchett

What was the joke? (The oscars haven't aired here in Australia yet).
I havent seen no country for old men yet because they didnt show it at the cinemas here im really looking forward to it though along with there will be blood and into the wild
I wanted to see some surprises for my own entertainment...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by stellar_legs
(except for Boondock Saints which pisses me off to even think of)

You know, I used to be a HUGE Boondock Saints fan, but the more I watch it the more I begin to hate it. It truly is a ridiculous movie. Willem Dafoe still kicks ass though...
Quote by Rhythm__Guitar
What was the joke? (The oscars haven't aired here in Australia yet).

He said she was a great actress talked about her roles, and then said she is so good she was actually the bull dog in one scene from no country for old men, and then he says shes such a good actress right now she is actually playing me jon stewart. something along those lines.when you watch it you will laugh.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
i thought the diving bell and the butterfly should have won for best cinematography
not that many people have seen it, but it was really touching.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Miley Cyrus has fucked up teeth
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
trivia time: the box office gross of all the best picture nominees combined was $50 million less than that of spiderman 3

Thoughts? Comments? Who cares?For me it's pretty much "Who cares?"

I suppose it's alright for some, but to me the Acadamy Awards seems about as interesting as a bunch of poets fellating each other.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by happytimeharry
I'd still do her.

I'll go take a seat...

lmao, i think she is pretty ugly though, i saw her in an interview before the oscars started meh.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
I Cody Diablo. My only gripe about this year was that Regis Philbin kept referring to Javier Bardem ( ) as Xavier...yikes.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I was hoping for a Best Actor nomination for Eddie Murphy for Norbit.......

Also, what the Hell was with all of the Bourne Ultimatum wins?
Poor advice.
I thought the choice of Best Song (Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for Falling Slowly from the movie Once) was the right one, although I'm biased being Irish i guess...

Their performance on the night was really good too. Not bad for a movie that was shot using hand-held cameras and took about 3 weeks to shoot.
Quote by stellar_legs
I was hoping for a Best Actor nomination for Eddie Murphy for Norbit.......

Also, what the Hell was with all of the Bourne Ultimatum wins?

Yeah, that was surprising. At least they were for minor categories.

I wasn't happy about Blanchett losing Best Supporting Actress, but Day-Lewis winning Best Actor more than made up for it. His performance in There Will Be Blood is my favorite acting performance ever.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i think they were, on the whole, pretty much spot on. i fully agree with no country for old men taking best picture and direction, because it was awesome (though i havent yet seen there will be blood and i'm a bit of a coen brothers nerd i guess). furthermore, i think juno did have the best screenplay. yeah, sometimes it was too screenplayish, but i think thats a little bit of a lame critique, but most other criticism seems so ridiculous, complaining that its not as indie as is made out or some other nonsense. silly. its a nice, funny, heartwarming film thats got a good script and some great acting. its a good film. and is definitely soooo much better than garden state.

i'm a little surprised at the diving bell and the butterfly not winning anything from either cinematography or best adapted screenplay though, because thats a tough book to turn into a film. not that no country for old men wasn't, but still...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Honestly, I though The Assassination Of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford should have won Best Cinematography. That was shot beautifully. Overall, it's rather underrated. I'd recommend it to anyone.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.