Poll: Did you know how?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you know how?
Yes
23 43%
No
30 57%
Voters: 53.
Another thread on here made me realise. Neither myself or anyone I knew actually knew how to play Pokémon (The Card Game) to the correct rules... I mean, weall thought we did... but they ould continuously change... and the energy cards seemed to serve a different function every month!

I still dont know what they did. Or anything else concerning them for that matter.
I've been here since '04.

I could play to the exact rules yes. I had a load of Japanese cards no-one else had which gave me an advatage.
Hell yes I did! I actually won quite a few tournaments back in the day. Yep, I was a Pokenerd and damn proud of it.
We did but we never used energy cards. When I got the Pokemon Trading Card game for Gameboy I learned how to play it properly.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I could play to the exact rules yes. I had a load of Japanese cards no-one else had which gave me an advatage.

Oh god, who didn't have a ton of Japanese cards and lie about what they did to the foolish? Probably the best part of the game if you ask me.
Sure "knew" with my and my friends rules... so no not really
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Quote by Remonster
Oh god, who didn't have a ton of Japanese cards and lie about what they did to the foolish? Probably the best part of the game if you ask me.

I knew exactly what the Japanese cards meant though, and used them properly.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I knew exactly what the Japanese cards meant though, and used them properly.

dude you should run for president
Ibanez RG350ex
i knew how to play. i only played like, 9 whole strict play-by-the-rules games though. the street way was much funner
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
i had a few but didnt no wtf they were 4, i just looked at the pretty colours
Quote by Kensai
Yeah one time I ordered "Led zeppelin - greatest hits" and got some real crap cd instead. Oh wait.
i played magic which by far owns pokeman in every sense of the word own
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I played the gameboy game on it so i knew
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
kinda, i was more into yugioh when i was a kid though
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime

errrrrrrrrr gay.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I had a load of Japanese cards no-one else had which gave me an advatage.

That reminds of all the kids I used to con with my genuine Ancient Mew card. No one I played with ever knew the actual translation to it, so I just said it was an instant kill move every other turn.

Quote by NFFC_1865
errrrrrrrrr gay.

Seriously. YuGAYoh! M i rite?!

Quote by Aftertime

faggot!
j/m yugioh was pretty cool too. i went from pokemon ---> yugioh. still have my cards too
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Yes but I totally forget how to play now-a-days.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Could never figure out the exact rules and conduct despite my efforts. Oh-well, still all my card, who knows, maybe I can sell them...haha...right.
Quote by happytimeharry

Seriously. YuGAYoh! M i rite?!

You are

No I didn't. Me and my friends didn't even have energy cards in our deck. We would play it like a live action pokemon battle just like on the tv show. For example when my friend played Ghostly or one of the ghost pokemon, he would make it hover around and make ghost noises. When we both played flying pokemon, we would basically run around the house like retards holding our cards up above our heads.
I was only a collector.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I was oblivious to the fact that it even was a game until I got the Pokemon card game for gameboy. I then learned to play and even made a few ****ty decks, which were consistently owned by my friend. Since the sixth grade I haven't played them at all, but I still vaguely remember the rules.
i collected, but the game seemed to confusing, didnt it have like a dice or something involved. idk i was 7 or 8 but yu-gi-oh yes i did learn the game i was a little older, me and my friend played all the time. do they still have pokemon i heard there was a 3rd generation or something
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
i collected, but the game seemed to confusing, didnt it have like a dice or something involved. idk i was 7 or 8 but yu-gi-oh yes i did learn the game i was a little older, me and my friend played all the time. do they still have pokemon i heard there was a 3rd generation or something

they do but it isnt cool.

seriously the apocolypse might as well come because the 90s owned and modern day children have to put up with absolurte SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT

ah yes. so many years ago. pokemon was the ****. the original was good then i remember the new monsters that came out. and i gave up on it.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy