i want to block my FR bridge on my RG1570 because i have no idea how to configure it if it ever goes out of tune. i know right, not smart. anyway how can i block the bridge? i have heard of using an object to block the bridge and make it level but is there a "cleaner" way to do the same thing?
Well you can use a block of wood and glue it in there. theres the tremol-no I have one of these in my RR3 and its nice because you can block it and you unblock it in seconds by turning some hand screws. so if you ever want to dive bomb or do squealies or what not you can still do it.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
LTD EX-260 White with black bevel
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Agile Ghost Pro 727 White
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
I took my guitar into a luther for some various things including blocking the FR and all he did was cut a rectangle shaped block of wood and glue it between the part where the springs connect and the body of the guitar. Works well
Quote by RiCKONZ
I took my guitar into a luther for some various things including blocking the FR and all he did was cut a rectangle shaped block of wood and glue it between the part where the springs connect and the body of the guitar. Works well

Any pictures?
why not take the time to learn how to tune it, I'm not being a smartass either. It took me about an hour and a half to get my FR bridge right. google it

I know it sucks when you change tuning though, It's too much, that's why I keep 3 guitars with different tuning.

The key is keeping equal tension between the strings and springs, I hate when you tune each string only to find out the last two you just tuned detuned the others. Just tighten the screws in the back of the guitar in tiny increments, like quarter turns, I like my bridge just above level with the body.

If you want it locked down that bad, I'm not sure if this would work on your guitar because I have and 83 Kramer Pacer, but screw the screws in the body all the way in. My fine tuners worked fine too when it was all the way down, but I dunno if that would work on you Ibanez.
Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

Draft beer, not people.
You have an RG1570 and you're gonna block it?Smart.

Get a block of wood,fit it into the cavity.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
well i don't really plan on changing tunings. i pretty much just play in standard tuning. i think the rg1570 can hold it's tunings though especially since i rarely use the trem. should i even bother with blocking the bridge then?
if you play in standard, unless you change string gauges you shouldn't have to adjust the screws in the back. just put the new one or all of them on it and tune it and stretch etc. it should come back to its orig resting position, It shouldn't need to be tuned for months with heavy trem use. I use my trem ALOT too. I keep the fine tuners out because over a long period of time the strings stretch a little. I kept strings in tune on my Kramer for over a year without ever unlocking the nut. (it made i big difference in sound when I did change them though haha)

I wouldn't bother blocking the bridge if you play mostly in standard.
Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

Draft beer, not people.
http://www.tremol-no.com/

Three settings: hard-tail (no movement), dive-only or full float.

A bit more expensive than a block of wood, but no permanent mods are necessary to your guitar and when you feel more confident about setting up a Floyd you can leave it on full float.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
The tremol-no doesnt work unless you know how to tune a floyd. I bought one expecting to slap one on and turn my K7 into a hardtail and then I read the first step: "Please tune and lock your trem system", I thought, well thats great. This is after sitting there attempting to tune it for an hour.

I changed my lowest four strings gauge to a higher gauge...messed with trying to tune it for an hour, moving the screws for the springs in the back all the way in/out/in/out.. I've decided now that I am getting a Blackjack ATX C7, I will just use the stock lower gauge strings that came with the K7, should I have to do anything different with the springs now? Also, there are 3 in there, would having 4 make it easier to tune?
I have a Tremol-No, and I took out the hand screws for the smaller ones. Anyone else not able to really block it off with the hand screws? It's pretty nice I guess.