I just got an Agile AL-2000, white, chrome hardware. Let me say now I love the thing. Well set up, looks beaitufl, feels awesome. 1 Flaw, the pickup selector (at least I suspect thats it) is faulty.

Say I'll be playing, then switch pickups to play some blues on the neck pup. I switch back, and it won't work. So I fiddle with the switch (switch back and forth a lot, fast) and then they both work fine. Then randomly one of em will turn off. I suspect it's the pup selector, or a fauly wire. I contacted Ronodmusic, they offered to replace the part or the exchange the guitar. Now, I don't really want to exchange the guitar, as I like it. On top of that, shipping and al that fun stuff.

So, is it a difficult process to switch the PUP selector, and is it doable by a newbie? I've never worked with wires or anything before but my stepdad has, but not on guittars.

Is it hard? Is there a guide? HALP!
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Just get new selector, solder old one off, and solder the new one on. And if you manage to mess that up, http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/ has a ton of colorful diagrams.

Get the new switch either at your local shop, or www.guitarfetish.com
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by CrushedCan
I just got an Agile AL-2000, white, chrome hardware. Let me say now I love the thing. Well set up, looks beaitufl, feels awesome. 1 Flaw, the pickup selector (at least I suspect thats it) is faulty.

Say I'll be playing, then switch pickups to play some blues on the neck pup. I switch back, and it won't work. So I fiddle with the switch (switch back and forth a lot, fast) and then they both work fine. Then randomly one of em will turn off. I suspect it's the pup selector, or a fauly wire. I contacted Ronodmusic, they offered to replace the part or the exchange the guitar. Now, I don't really want to exchange the guitar, as I like it. On top of that, shipping and al that fun stuff.

So, is it a difficult process to switch the PUP selector, and is it doable by a newbie? I've never worked with wires or anything before but my stepdad has, but not on guittars.

Is it hard? Is there a guide? HALP!
You should let Rondo handle it. Soldering in that cavity won't be fun. Propping the switch above the cavity will be clumsy and make it very easy to splash molten solder on the guitar's finish.

Do-able? Yes. Screw-up-able? Absolutely.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well the only concern of mine is shipping, it might run up to 50 $, though I think they should cover it, no?
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
Well the only concern of mine is shipping, it might run up to 50 $, though I think they should cover it, no?

They better
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Well alright guys. Kurt sent me an e-mail saying he's willing to send me the pickup selector, let me try to replace it if I'd like, and if I can't manage to do it he's willing to do the old exchange.

Once again my question is the same, is there a guide/book/diagram/whatever to do this? It really doesn't seem that hard of a process, the only issue is essentially buying the soldering iron and the accessories and all that. But I also plan on switching the pickups out myself so it would be useful information and knowledge, acn you guys help me out please?
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
Well alright guys. Kurt sent me an e-mail saying he's willing to send me the pickup selector, let me try to replace it if I'd like, and if I can't manage to do it he's willing to do the old exchange.

Once again my question is the same, is there a guide/book/diagram/whatever to do this? It really doesn't seem that hard of a process, the only issue is essentially buying the soldering iron and the accessories and all that. But I also plan on switching the pickups out myself so it would be useful information and knowledge, acn you guys help me out please?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/ Has plenty of diagrams, just find yous and use it.

Does no one read my posts?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
just draw a diagram of what wires go where. it really isn't that difficult, as long as you know how to solder it should only take a few minutes. it isnt worth the shipping. it would probably be cheaper to just take it to your local shop to fix it if you still dont feel comfortable