I was thinking about putting a killswitch on my guitar for some morello-esque guitar work. About how much would it cost to have one installed?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
You can do it yourself, it's pretty simple as far as wiring goes. Not to mention you could pretty much use anything as a switch, just go to your local autozone or something and they a bunch of cool switches for like 3 or 4 bucks. Unless you don't want to do any of that yourself, I'd get an estimate from your local guitar shop.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
If you don't have a soldering iron, your cost will go up about 400%.
For 15 or 20 bucks you can get a good soldering kit with the iron, solder, a stand, extra tips and a desoldering pump. I'd also recommend buying an old VCR or something like that to practise soldering. You can probably find some wire you'll need for the killswitch in there too.

Just to recap; the switch is about 4 bucks, soldering kit is about 15 bucks, and an old VCR could be anywhere from 0 to 5 bucks if you buy one from a second hand store.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
If you don't have a soldering iron, your cost will go up about 400%.
For 15 or 20 bucks you can get a good soldering kit with the iron, solder, a stand, extra tips and a desoldering pump. I'd also recommend buying an old VCR or something like that to practise soldering. You can probably find some wire you'll need for the killswitch in there too.

Just to recap; the switch is about 4 bucks, soldering kit is about 15 bucks, and an old VCR could be anywhere from 0 to 5 bucks if you buy one from a second hand store.

Forgot about any holes he might have to make, and it he doesn't have a drill or router, this could be hard.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Router maybe but who in this day and age doesnt have a drill or know someone that does?
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
What do you have to do to install a kill switch
Do you connect it to the pickup or volume pot or...?
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
B.C. Rich warlock w/ zakk wylde bullseye
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC
I swear to God, if I see one more killswitch thread, I'm gonna go on a killing rampage throughout my town.

KILLSWITCH THREAD!!!

edit: Sorry...lost the happy...
Last edited by Invader Jim at Feb 25, 2008,
Link doesn't work hotshot and do go saying it wasn't a link
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC
If it doesn't do something when you click it, its not a link, you ****tard.
Search for it. It will answer all your questions.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
You know that was a link
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC