wow i was stunned last night. my g/f asked me t get some tabs for songs she would like to learn and asked me to learn them first. no problem i do as i am asked like all good b/f's do, (plus i am so out of practice anyways), what happened to music, most of the songs had 2 - 3 simple @ssed riffs a 2 y/o could learn in 5 mins. is it just me or is there a new standard in the music buisness that says: more than 3 riffs and you won't get signed?

not that i am complaining the songs sound good but i fell asleep learning them
lol. 3 riffs is fine.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by soulflyV
WHIPPED.

*whichaw!*
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
You're probably the first guy here complaining about having too many riffs, everyone else complains about it being too easy and not original enough..
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
lol, ok! i guess i'm just used to more in a song.

i guess i need to get back into more covers and learn some simpleness
Quote by themntl1
wow i was stunned last night. my g/f asked me t get some tabs for songs she would like to learn and asked me to learn them first. no problem i do as i am asked like all good b/f's do, (plus i am so out of practice anyways), what happened to music, most of the songs had 2 - 3 simple @ssed riffs a 2 y/o could learn in 5 mins. is it just me or is there a new standard in the music buisness that says: more than 3 riffs and you won't get signed?

not that i am complaining the songs sound good but i fell asleep learning them

so your the bitch?

tell her to go make you some food dammit!

...but really, i think your talking about fall out boy songs....
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
cocacolabottle
no not complaining about to many riffs, what you stated "everyone else complains about it being too easy and not original enough" is what i ment in better words, lol thanks.

M.O.P
just a few godsmack, evanescence, and 3 dorrs down.
What are you comparing this to? If you're comparing this to Classic Rock, I don't think it's died down that much, relatively speaking.
Quote by themntl1
cocacolabottle
no not complaining about to many riffs, what you stated "everyone else complains about it being too easy and not original enough" is what i ment in better words, lol thanks.

M.O.P
just a few godsmack, evanescence, and 3 dorrs down.
I try not to look at difficulty in music. It's relative. Plus composing music just to display virtuosity is a style of composition I have little respect for.
Quote by The Madcap
I try not to look at difficulty in music. It's relative. Plus composing music just to display virtuosity is a style of composition I have little respect for.

when i learn/write it is for the fun of playing it, not to "show off", i'd play lead if i wanted to show off, lol. but just playing 1 open dropped d cord thrue 75% of the song is just boring, it sounds good, so don't get me wrong here. it has been a long time since i have looked at cover song to learn i was just more surprized at the simplisity of some of the songs some bands are playing.
There are still a huge range of bands and artists who do more than one riff. The popularity of the bands you mentioned are because they're catchy and easy to get a feel to, unlike, say, a progressive rock or an orchestral piece where there are constant time sig, tempo and dynamics changes.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Why are you complaining, you should be relieved. If my girlfriend asked me to learn something for her it'd end up being something like Cliffs of Dover or Surfing with the Alien. I'd kill for 2 or 3 simple ass riffs a 2 year-old could learn in 5 minutes.

lmao i gotcha, she mainly wanted me to learn them in advance to help her learn, she is in no way to the point of the songs mentioned above.
****, the funny thing is that the songs that sound easy to play are tabbed horribly on this site. Or worse yet, song that sound awesome and easy i really want to learn have no tabs on here.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)