Im thinking about buying one of these bad boys. I have seen some reviews on youtube and they sound sweet! What do you think i should do? Should i buy one?
Quote by zaffie8808
Im thinking about buying one of these bad boys. I have seen some reviews on youtube and they sound sweet! What do you think i should do? Should i buy one?

What are you buying

TS, What the hell is a holy stain

Link?
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Orange TT + 1x12 coming soon

Me too!!!

Maybe we should start a club, the soon-to-be-TT-&-1x12-owners club?

Also, TS, do you mean one of these?

The Electro-Harmonix Holy Stain lets you combine reverb, pitch shifting, and tremolo with analog Drive and Fuzz effects for an interactive stew of gargantuan sonic proportions. Controls for all these effects are very interactive, so you know you'll be getting something new out of the Holy Stain pedal just about every time you use it. As will all E-H products, this pedal is solidly constructed and uses top-notch components. Enter a whole new world of effects possibilities when you step on the Holy Stain pedal and tweak to your heart's content!

It looks good if you like to have fun with your guitar, seems very Muse-y or Mars Volta. Looks sweet.
Real men don't need sigs.
My friend has one and I stole it for a while. Here's my half-assed review:
It's effin weird.
If you want normal sounds, get something else. It will do a decent tremolo, and an ok reverb, but everything else sounds so goddamn shrill and tinny that unless you just want to make noise it's not worth it. The fuzz and drive are disgustingly bad. The pitch shifting is kind of fun, not particularly useful, but tracks decently. Not much range though.
I'd give it a 2/5. You can pull a couple ok sounds out of it, but the rest of the pedal is so weird and harsh sounding that it's not worth having. You'd think that something with this many knobs and buttons would have more than three usable settings, and by three I mean a reverb, half a chorus, and a tremolo (which I guess is 2.5 usable sounds).
^ Thank you for the heads up.

I looked for some videos on it and saw this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQPIpkvwsI

When I saw that expression pedal demo at the end, I decided that feature was cool enough to overlook the not-so-great features. The expression can even control the tremolo, letting you do a Leslie effect with your foot. The reverbs are nice, IMHO. For someone like me, who just happens to be looking for a reverb pedal, this could be the ticket.

Oh, and I sometimes like to play noisy rock, like Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr. and White Stripes.
Last edited by carpepax at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by Roc8995
My friend has one and I stole it for a while. Here's my half-assed review:
It's effin weird.
If you want normal sounds, get something else. It will do a decent tremolo, and an ok reverb, but everything else sounds so goddamn shrill and tinny that unless you just want to make noise it's not worth it. The fuzz and drive are disgustingly bad. The pitch shifting is kind of fun, not particularly useful, but tracks decently. Not much range though.
I'd give it a 2/5. You can pull a couple ok sounds out of it, but the rest of the pedal is so weird and harsh sounding that it's not worth having. You'd think that something with this many knobs and buttons would have more than three usable settings, and by three I mean a reverb, half a chorus, and a tremolo (which I guess is 2.5 usable sounds).

Correct. It's also really annoying trying to combine and switch between settings while playing. Probably wouldn't work well live.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite