i know this might sound like a stupid question but when on stage you see bands with like 10 or more staqcks are they using them all at once or is it just one at a time they are using?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
how can they link them up to it all at once then?
(\__/)
signal cables going from the external speaker jack to the input of other amps, or signal splitters. mostly signal splitters. Only old bands use lots of stacks, these days you can get away with a high watt combo amp thats well mic'd
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Sometimes they don't use them all and some are for show. And if you look closely, only some of them will be mic'd. For instance, I saw Velvet Revolver a few weeks ago, and slash had a wall of 8 Marshall cabinets, but only 4 of them were mic'd. If all of them are actually used, it's to add a little bit of front end sound, but not all will be mic'd through the PA.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
so was hew using all 8 or were the other 4 just there for show?
(\__/)
I couldn't really tell.... I really doubt he was using all 8 though... Also, I really don't think all 4 of the mic'd ones were used at the same time... My honest guess is that for some songs, they switched the head and thus which cabinets he was using at the time...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
Sometimes they don't use them all and some are for show. And if you look closely, only some of them will be mic'd. For instance, I saw Velvet Revolver a few weeks ago, and slash had a wall of 8 Marshall cabinets, but only 4 of them were mic'd. If all of them are actually used, it's to add a little bit of front end sound, but not all will be mic'd through the PA.

yeah zakk wylde admitted in an interview that he fills the stage with a wall 'o' marshalls for show, but only uses like two of the eight amps, what a dousche.
i wish i could afford to not use amps
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
thanks a lot i understand it more now i thought they were using them all at once then after seeing dan hawkings at the sone gods gig i wasnt too sure because he has two stacks but was changing lead a lot so i thought that they were running them idavidually thanks a lot guys youve cleard some stuff up for me
(\__/)