Page 1 of 2
macs are ****, they are impracticle piles of excrement. besides video editing there ****ing useless. they cost ****loads, pc's are faster and for ****s sake they look like **** and only have one mouse button
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Mac. Because you can use BOTH operating systems on a MAC and Leopard kicks Vistas butt three times over. Also Macs are better at recording, graphics, art and so forth.
The only reason i would buy a PC would be because of the games available on it. But with the new intel chip, theres no need

Also.. NO VIRUSES.. EVAR

oh, and to the guy above me, chill out. And my mouse has 4 buttons plus a 360 scroll 'ball'
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
but you have to get the instruction manual out every 20 seconds to use it
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Pc because mac looks like ****, only one mouse button and costs a ****load and you can play no games.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
but you have to get the instruction manual out every 20 seconds to use it

not really

its much better than having it crash every 20 seconds though
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Macs are horribly unreliable unless you have i high end professional machine built for you, also Windows has better sound editing software now. The only things Mac has are Logic (which you can get on PC now) and Pro Tools (which you can also get on PC) also Macs are way overpriced and you can't do a whole lot in the way of customizing them.

the real solution is a dual booting system with Windows XP Pro and UBUNTU.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you cant play games on a mac
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
macs are ****, they are impracticle piles of excrement. besides video editing there ****ing useless. they cost ****loads, pc's are faster and for ****s sake they look like **** and only have one mouse button

Heheheh ahhahaha hahahahah

I use a pc for its ease and simplicity, i dont need a mac even though i have one too, but you are an idiot if you think pc is anywhere near what mac is. Plain and simple.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
you cant play games on a mac

says who?

The games that werent compatible with mac before are now after the new intel chip, or most of them anyway.

Stop making retarded assumptions
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I was looking on the apple site the other at Mac Pro's and i notice that u cud get a 8 core processor and 32 gb of RAM the RAM alone was $12,500 is a bit much for looking at picture and playing solitaire.

I also think that they shud make a new ad it goes a little like this,
PC: "Hey Mac wat you doing there?"
Mac: " Oh editing some videos. Wat about you PC?"
PC: "Oh playing games."
Mac: "Oh really, Wat ones?"
PC "All of them!!!!"
Quote by ricy_12
I was looking on the apple site the other at Mac Pro's and i notice that u cud get a 8 core processor and 32 gb of RAM the RAM alone was $12,500 is a bit much for looking at picture and playing solitaire.

I also think that they shud make a new ad it goes a little like this,
PC: "Hey Mac wat you doing there?"
Mac: " Oh editing some videos. Wat about you PC?"
PC: "Oh playing games."
Mac: "Oh really, Wat ones?"
PC "All of them!!!!"

+1
yeah if you want games get a PC even most Mac people will give you that, so unless you want to do some CGI or something, you should just get a PC.

Last.fm
I find it kind of pathetic that people are saying things are **** because they only have one mouse button, and then don't put up a god side to their own argument.

I have had both, and personally, i much prefer using mac, and i actually find OSX a lot easier to use than windows.

I do have to use pc quite a lot as well though, but i just dont think it compares to my mac, which i am far more efficient with.

Also, you just have to hold control and it acts as right-click, so the one mouse button argument is pointless...
Computers are way cheaper and way more practical. Updating a mac's hardware? Hah...

And know that "computer" is not the same as "Windows".
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Computers are way cheaper and way more practical. Updating a mac's hardware? Hah...

And know that "computer" is not the same as "Windows".

Macs *are* computers. Although the OS seems to forget that sometimes and treat it as a calculator ;D

Although the Mac seems to more and more closely resemble the PC under the hood every time it gets a new incarnation - the only things really separating the two now are EFI and the GUID partition scheme on the Mac...
Quote by BAT-MAN
I find it kind of pathetic that people are saying things are **** because they only have one mouse button, and then don't put up a god side to their own argument.

I have had both, and personally, i much prefer using mac, and i actually find OSX a lot easier to use than windows.

I do have to use pc quite a lot as well though, but i just dont think it compares to my mac, which i am far more efficient with.

Also, you just have to hold control and it acts as right-click, so the one mouse button argument is pointless...

No.
Quote by Mattalac
Heheheh ahhahaha hahahahah

I use a pc for its ease and simplicity, i dont need a mac even though i have one too, but you are an idiot if you think pc is anywhere near what mac is. Plain and simple.

let's spend 2000 bucks on a mac, then 2000 bucks on a PC, and let's see what turns out best mmkay?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Once again, people in their infinite teen wisdom, equate PCs with Windows.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I will say that OSX is a little easier to use, too bad it sucks horribly and crashes a lot, the real reason there aren't Viruses for Macs is because they aren't needed if you have a Mac it will just fuck up in less than a year anyhow and you'll lose all of your data.

Last.fm
i remember a conversation i observed a mac and a pc where engaged in...
<mac> oh hey PC, watchya doin?
<pc> hey mac, im playing games
<mac> oh really? sounds great! which ones?
<pc> all

/thread
Quote by Mad Marius
Once again, people in their infinite teen wisdom, equate PCs with Windows.

that's because most people have no real reason to run Unix.

Last.fm
I found that to be true with the PowerPC architecture...sucked ass. Which is why Apple promptly got shot of it and went Intel :P
ONe more thing with this whole no virus argument for a Mac.
Well you see because lots of people have PC's virus are written them were as bacause there are less people with a Mac people ain't going to write a virus, but however if Mac becomes the dominate force then people will spend all there time and effort in writing viruses for Mac. Hmm that seems quite logic to me. And don't say that you *can't* write a virus for a Mac all you need to do is try. Just like when people invented guns, people invented bullet proof vests then armour piercing bullets were invented so on and so forth.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's because most people have no real reason to run Unix.

Neither do I. That doesn't make it any less stupid.

A statement such as "Macs are better than PCs because Vista blows" shows vast amounts of idiocy.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Mac isn't going to become the dominant force, they suck for business and networking stuff which is where most of the money is, they only reason Mac is still making consumer products is because of the i-Pod and i-Tunes.

Quote by Mad Marius
Neither do I. That doesn't make it any less stupid.

A statement such as "Macs are better than PCs because Vista blows" shows vast amounts of idiocy.

yeah, well all those people that got rid of Vista went back to XP instead of getting Macs so I guess that says something. but everyone knows Vista blows right now, and I really don't expect a bunch of people to know about Unix unless they have to use it for something.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by LtBrenton
Macs *are* computers. Although the OS seems to forget that sometimes and treat it as a calculator ;D

Although the Mac seems to more and more closely resemble the PC under the hood every time it gets a new incarnation - the only things really separating the two now are EFI and the GUID partition scheme on the Mac...

I'm pretty sure that Apple is very thorough about this - a macintosh is not a PC, it's a macintosh. And however closely it might resemble normal computer architechture, it doesn't make it more upgrade-friendly. Another big difference is that Apple only runs it's sub-contractors' hardware, which is probably what's keeping the price so high and holding the development of hardware technology back.
I'm a communist. Really.
A mac with...
Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Harpertown” processors
2GB memory (800MHz DDR2 fully-buffered DIMM ECC)
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT graphics with 256MB memory
320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7200-rpm hard drive1
16x double-layer SuperDrive

For ****in $2,799.00.
I made a better deal 2 years ago.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
True. However with OSx86 becoming easier to install and use (Natit NVIDIA drivers for the 8x00 series are under development now) I predict Apple starting to lose their edge over people buying a Mac just for the OS. They would do very well to release their operating system onto the market for general usage.
Mac simply can not win because it just is not as good as PC. n those who say that the new Leopard is betterthan Vista is rong it quite clearly is not. Vista just needs service pack because it is so great there are obund to be mistakes
Quote by LtBrenton
True. However with OSx86 becoming easier to install and use (Natit NVIDIA drivers for the 8x00 series are under development now) I predict Apple starting to lose their edge over people buying a Mac just for the OS. They would do very well to release their operating system onto the market for general usage.

If they wanted to, they'd do it ages ago. Anyways, if you have a PC and want OSX, you might as well go ahead and install Ubuntu, IMO. And in any case, I doubt the OS is what makes people buy macs - I think it's more of a mix between good marketing and making the selection very simple (compared to PCs, where you'll find hundreds of different computers with almost the same specs).
Quote by ricy_12
Mac simply can not win because it just is not as good as PC. n those who say that the new Leopard is betterthan Vista is rong it quite clearly is not. Vista just needs service pack because it is so great there are obund to be mistakes

That is totally ignorant. That's like making a coup and saying "hey, this is going to turn out well in the end, sure, some millions are going to get killed now, but after the opposition is gone we'll build a peaceful society!" Vista is a horrible disaster, no matter if it's compared to mac OSes or not.
I'm a communist. Really.
Last edited by Raziel2p at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by ricy_12

well right now it is better than Vista, and Vista probably won't be signifigantly improved for a year or so. But that still isn't going to give Mac the edge in the general consumer market (they pretty much are the computer side of special effects and filmaking, and probably will be for a long time even if they stop making normal consumer computers)

Last.fm
Mac Os Leopard > Mac Os Tiger > Windows XP > Linux > A Pile Of Sh*t > Windows Vista
Page 1 of 2