Just browsing eBay when I came across this seller.

Look at the guitars and then the description. Things don't add up.

The pictures of the supposed shop are of 2 different shops. They accept payment methods that eBay do not allow/sanction.

Also the grammar is pretty poor with some crazyprices, just like the Chinese guitar scams of recent years.

The guitars are also being sold in the UK and the USA, which although isn't uncommon, seems pretty fishy with this seller. The feedback is strange too. They only get feedback from a select group who in turn, give them feedback on unspecified items as well as some members no longer being registered users. They are apparently UK based but they are not a recognised seller/chain of shops here in the UK.
Here's some of the items they have on sale.

Ibanez "Floral Pattern" Jem
Les Paul Bullseye #1
Les Paul Bullseye #2 Different Price - Why?
Squier Strat - Clearly a Fender in the picture
Another "Bullseye" Les Paul

Just a heads up.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Feb 25, 2008,
wtf the #1 and 'another bullseye' les pauls arent even ****ing bullseye les pauls. ****ing scammers.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Yep another seller of Chi-banezes.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
lol'd at the pictures of their shop, it looks like they've taken a picture of someone elses shop and then put there company name into the pic.
Quote by Nick Cannon

Ima report yall forreal
goddamn it people like that piss me off...
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Let's just say I found both "Jems" on a certain Chinese website in unaltered format.

Edit: Just reported the scamming bastich!
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
Last edited by BigBaldIan at Feb 25, 2008,
lol "FENDER SQUIER DELUXE STRAT TELECASTER ELECTRIC GUITAR"...

Thanks for a heads up.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
You can tell by the logo on one of the "Gibson" headstocks that it's a fake. Let's just hope no one is stupid enough to buy one to pair up with the br00tal MG stack.
sweettt cheers for the bargins, just got paid, bought the bullseye

now i got a sweet guitar to play through my marshall mg stack
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
"We offers a variety of items at incredibly low price with high quality."

rofl.

(scammers)
The Ibanez is also very strange, since when does the Jems have the Universe inlays on the Fretboard? (the Pyramid shaped inlays) and of course the price and the fact there is only 1 picture of all the guitars.
And of course the Les Pauls, only one of them has the "bulls-eye" painting and thats a Epiphone, i can´t see if the other Les Pauls are Epiphone or not.
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
The Ibanez is also very strange, since when does the Jems have the Universe inlays on the Fretboard? (the Pyramid shaped inlays) and of course the price and the fact there is only 1 picture of all the guitars.
And of course the Les Pauls, only one of them has the "bulls-eye" painting and thats a Epiphone, i can´t see if the other Les Pauls are Epiphone or not.

Jems did have the Pyramid Inlays back when it was around 87/88.

Famous colors for those are the LNG (Loch Ness Green) and the PNK (Pink Jem) that were seen/used with David Lee Roth.

Only thing wrong with the description was Claiming it was a Floral Pattern Jem and it (obviously) isn't. That Jem right there is a Chi-Banez LNG Jem copy.
Last edited by Archeo at Feb 25, 2008,
Look at the picture of their "store," the sign is blocked out so you can't read the store's actual name.

It isn't the worst I've seen though. Someone just listed the ESP Angel Sword guitar again last week or maybe the week before.
I had a look at "fashion-heaven.co.uk" It's basically another bazaarofchina type site but doesn't seem to be working too well. If any mods view this thread I would ask them to list this company on the scam sticky at the top of the page.
Fashion-heaven.co.uk? Strange name for a guitar shop, donchyathink? Also, two "Bullseye Les Paul" with no bullseye graphic?

"Oh, every Res Pol Kustom is burrseye"

Did you try their website?

"Musical Inatruments" with screenshots of the Epiphone website as the product images... And why do they sell golf clubs too? Don't see that in the supposed photographs of their shop.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by BigBaldIan
Yep another seller of Chi-banezes.

Oh, I thought they were called Ibeenhadz? (I('ve)-been-had (tricked)-z
DIO FOREVER
Quote by 60CycleHum
Oh, I thought they were called Ibeenhadz? (I('ve)-been-had (tricked)-z

I think that's just a disparaging remark that's levelled at the genuine product. Chibanez or Chi-banez is reserved for the blatant fakery that you see above.
The Gibson LP should be a "Custom" if it's got gold hardware and it clearly isn't, while the truss rod cover is completely wrong. I think the finish has some kind of sparkle to it, which the LP Custom doesn't have either.

As if anyone needs more evidence that these are fakes....

--- D
Quote by Duster
The Gibson LP should be a "Custom" if it's got gold hardware and it clearly isn't, while the truss rod cover is completely wrong. I think the finish has some kind of sparkle to it, which the LP Custom doesn't have either.

As if anyone needs more evidence that these are fakes....

--- D

their "bulls-eye" "gibson" seems to have strange pickup covers. did REAL LPs have these kinds of pickup covers?

i think if someone is stupid enough to fall for this, then they deserve to get ripped off
Quote by sethp
their "bulls-eye" "gibson" seems to have strange pickup covers. did REAL LPs have these kinds of pickup covers?

i think if someone is stupid enough to fall for this, then they deserve to get ripped off

Geez. I didn't even get that far down the list of links. Wow, that's bad.

--- D
If you look at the pictures especially the supposed #1 Bullseye you'll notice the purple paper background and the guitar pictured upside down. Now remember when that China Bazaar poster kept giving links here and the guitars were pictured exactly the same way with a purple background sometimes and all guitars were photographed upside for whatever reason. I'm betting its from them. Funny how on their site they tried to charge what was it $300? and now they're going for $1000 buy it now on ebay. Pretty funny
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
the epi zakk wylde les paul pic is blatantly copied and pasted off one of those chinese sites that sells counterfeits...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Ha, this is the first time I've actually spotted a fake from just a glance.
have you tried contacting one of the mods? (thanks for the heads-up, by the way... even from a quick glance, it looks dodgy to me)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the detailed feedback. Looks like they buy from them selves under different user names to get good feedback. None of the buyers could seem to spell thanks. The chinese are very bad with english pronunciation and spelling. And the pictures are obviously of several different guitar stores with really poor use of photo shop to put in the name. But Im sure there will be several suckers lining up to get there good deal on a genuine gibson. People get what they deserve sometimes.