hey,

im searching for the best pedal. i will play melodic-brutal-deathmetal/ blackmetal..
i have heard von the boss mt 2.. is it good for this genres..

is the boss tu 2 helpfully? i have seen this tuner by many bands in the equipment. is it for fast tuning? sry, i dont know.

thank you for your helping.

cannibalizer
If you want a pedal tuner get the fender. It is much cheaper and does the job.

Before anyone can recommend you a distortion pedal we need to know what your rig is already and your price range.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Roger that ^^
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
What equipment you have already. Amp, guitar.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I've never heard of fame before, but I checked it out and it seems pretty nice. Although I might recommend a used 6505/5150 combo instead and then you can get the distortion without the pedal. One of them will cost you about $600.

Also, if you have your heart set on that particular amp, try it out first and it may not need one, or may only need an overdrive.
Quote by doggy_hat
I said in my post above that the Fender Pt-100 is more practical.
Quote by doggy_hat
It is the pt-100. I got the two mixed up. My bad.
Quote by doggy_hat
I don't like how the Metal Zone sounds, personally. It sounds really thin and buzzy and fizzy and... just awful. It's sad, because it has a very wide selection of (really equally awful) tones.

I'd suggest either a Digitech Grunge or Death Metal pedal (same circuit, different controls) or a Metal Muff. The DM pedal isn't versatile at all, but it does 't3h br00t4lz' well, with reasonable EQing.

The tone gets really awful if you turn the mids below 12o'clock. The tone gets buzzy if you turn them up past about 4:30, but with a cut to the bass that buzzy tone might work for atmospheric black metal, although the true Norwegian BM tone is an old Peavey Bandit.

The Grunge pedal has a gain control and no mid control. The Grunge pedal seems to have the mids permanently at about 3:30. With an EQ pedal you can get a cutting, mid-boosted tone without the buzziness, or a mid scooped sound, if that's your thing...

Alot of people on here recommend the Metal Muff, personally after trying them side by side I like my Grunge pedal and EQ better.

Tube distortion pedals are largely a gimmick. But if you try one and like it more...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2