well now its time to see, WHO IS THE GREATEST METAL BAND OF ALL TIIIIIIME!!!

rules are simple, any band and time period can count: which includes that un-godly aztec thrash metal you listen to when your drunk at a 7 year old's birthday party.

next rule, can be any sub-genre of metal, which includes but not limiting, classic metal, death metal, nu-metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, hair metal, aluminum alloy metal, copper, nickels, and dimes, black metal, silver metal, sweedish metal (gothensburg baby!), head banging metal, metal metal, and whatever other forms of metal you can either think of or make up.

third and most important rule...no, and i mean no, dumb stupid bands that no one likes!!! take for instance iron maiden, ha its not like they have a fan base of 3/4 of the world, i mean come on. but seriously, no stoopid sh!t.

BEGIN!!!!
When in doubt, sweep it out
How is this a game?

A pox upon thee TS!
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
As it is I would have to say Black Sabbath. Sabbath is the band that most metal bands look to as the originators of the genre and are really the role models of most metal bands. The debatchery, the gloom, it's all there.
"All of the great metal riffs have already been written by Black Sabbath. Anyting else that you hear is just changing a Black Sabbath riff around." - Rob Zombie
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by GoDrex
holy trinity - Sabbath, Maiden, Priest...

+1
I'll compromise my asnwer to accept maiden and priest
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!