How can i make a note longer than a bar? I'm making some tabbage for some songs but am having to use ghost notes. Any help appreciated.
one moment, il just check. Im wanting a note that uses 8 bars, if you understand.
Quote by jimbojetuk
one moment, il just check. Im wanting a note that uses 8 bars, if you understand.

Yeah you have to tie the notes.
Due a whole note, and in the next one press the button that is like a lower bow in the upper bar. Make sure you're in the string of the previous note. What it will do, is to tie the note.
It's next to a "100%" and the silence button.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

YES! the L thing worked, tieing it together. but is it right that there is a 'tie' icon on every bar until the note finishes?
Quote by jimbojetuk
YES! the L thing worked, tieing it together. but is it right that there is a 'tie' icon on every bar until the note finishes?

yup
8th with a dot?

EDIT:
And answering your previous question:
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by jimbojetuk
how can i get the 12th notes ? i cant seem to tab it.

There's a button with a "Dot". What does the dot do?
It sums half of the note's value to the note. If it's an 8th, then it's 8 + (8/2) = 12.
2 + ( 2/2 ) = 3.
Understand?
Or you can put an 8th and tie a sixteenth.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

On the bottom row at the top half of the page, you see the notes lengths on the left? After that, there is a dot.

Click the half note, then the dot. It'll be 8 and half an 8th note, making 12.

EDIT: Oh, beaten to it.
Quote by St.Loony
Yeah you have to tie the notes.

When seeing your avatar out of peripheral vision, it looks sort of like......A WILD GOLDEEN HAS APPEARED!!!
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
You can theoretically get nth notes can't you? Just a combination of dots and ties.

Wait, in a way note durations are similar to binary's system(for those who, like me, have the misfortune to understand it), so it should be possible. For those who don't know what I mean, I'm talking about making 13ths and such.
Quote by Dabey
click on an eighth note and press the dot (.) on your keyboard.

hm...ive done this but i can only seem to link 2 at a time, not 4 triplets.