I am trying to decide between a couple guitars
i'm in the price range of about $450 and i mostly play metal
i'm stuck trying to decide between a couple guitars

Ibanez RG5EX1 $399

Dean Razorback DB $449 (decided against)

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads and an imediate EMG 81 neck pickup replacement

or if i wait a little longer to save up the extra cash

Jackson Pro Series RR3 Rhoads $649

if i would get the Ibanez or Dean i would eventually
put in a better pickup in the future
i have played all of these at my local GC and they are all about equal except the Jackson with the seymour duncans
Last edited by MasterDeathJ117 at Feb 25, 2008,
I would go for the Ibanez
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I'd say to go for the RR3.

Otherwise it would be the Ibanez
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
why not the dean i played it in store i like the design and the neck feels fairly good although its nothing compared to the Jackson or Ibanez
Quote by MasterDeathJ117
why not the dean i played it in store i like the design and the neck feels fairly good although its nothing compared to the Jackson or Ibanez

You just answered your own question, it's nothing compared to them.

Dean's are overpriced.
since i am going to put in a new pickup anyways on the Ibanez or Dean would a JS30RR Rhoads be good after i put in an EMG 81 and 85 combo or even just the 81

P.S. thanks on the dean
Buy a first act from wal-mart. They are inexpensive and they sound like no other guitar out there.
if i wanted a cheap guitar i'd stick with my dad's washburn lyon (with a seymour duncan detonator)
besides i have a friend who has a first act and it plays bad compared to even the dean
Quote by MasterDeathJ117
if i wanted a cheap guitar i'd stick with my dad's washburn lyon (with a seymour duncan detonator)
besides i have a friend who has a first act and it plays bad compared to even the dean

Not cheap....inexpensive. And they may sound like crap but they don't sound like any other guitar out there. Dude if you want a good guitar. Just go out and get a gibson.