Ok before you go nuts on me I AM NOT BUYING A MARSHALL MG one of my friends owns it (I know its sad ) but ya I was just wondering if it was a tube amp?
No.

And not only that, it's a horribly bad solid state.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by sunnysayshi
Now you know the answer please delete the thread.

It's his thread.

And I feel sorry for your friend.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
its not tube or solid state,

its a little known fact, but the MG series is simply a box with bees in it
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Hi, its not tube but it may aswell be, it sounds awesome!!!

but seriously, i know people hwo have gotten very useable sounds from them. A friend of mine has done a great job using a boss gt6 multi fx unit and an mg100dfx
No!

I have said it once, and I'll say it again.

The one time I played an MG the EQ did nothing, and every time I hit ANY note, it sounded like someone had kicked a box of bees with a hoarse clown trapped inside.

DO NOT buy one under ANY circumstances.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Sepulturick
Hi, its not tube but it may aswell be, it sounds awesome!!!

but seriously, i know people hwo have gotten very useable sounds from them. A friend of mine has done a great job using a boss gt6 multi fx unit and an mg100dfx

I have no idea whether this is sarcastic or not.

All I can say is, get your flame shield out.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Even tone deaf people sell MG's. I returned mine after like 2 weeks when I first started playing because it sounded like ass. I bought an AD50VT. Then I bought a Road King. In theory, the MG sucks so bad, even tone deaf people hate them...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Mg's are all tube 120 watts. They blow the mesa triple rec away and don't cost nowhere near as much. I run my mg through two mesa oversized recto cabs with a tube screamer in front of them. YOU HAVE TO GET ONE MAN. You're stupid if you don't get your friend to sell. The people on here only say MG's suck because they don't want other people to steal their tone. Have you heard Dave Mustaines tone? ALL MG. He created the MG in the late 80's. MG standing for Mustaines Gear. If you switch the el34's out for 6l6's you get a little more brutal gain. Theres no reason to not own a Mustaine gear.... especially at the prices.
Quote by paranormal5150
Mg's are all tube 120 watts. They blow the mesa triple rec away and don't cost nowhere near as much. I run my mg through two mesa oversized recto cabs with a tube screamer in front of them. YOU HAVE TO GET ONE MAN. You're stupid if you don't get your friend to sell. The people on here only say MG's suck because they don't want other people to steal their tone. Have you heard Dave Mustaines tone? ALL MG. He created the MG in the late 80's. MG standing for Mustaines Gear. If you switch the el34's out for 6l6's you get a little more brutal gain. Theres no reason to not own a Mustaine gear.... especially at the prices.

oh ****ing thank you that made my night
Quote by ltmusicman
Is the marshall MG tube?

The Marshall MG is not tube. It's hose.
as in: You feel like you've been hosed, if you buy one.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The MG has a sort of vacuum not in a glass tube format tho. Its a wood box full of suck.
In, the MG is not tube. It is just a totally crap solid state amp in any of it's manifestations. In fact, the higher wattage ones are even worse than the lower wattage ones. The marketing prats at Marshall tell you it has "tube like emulation" but everyone in the real world knows that is bullsh!t. Marshall have more or less sullied there once good name with this amp, and should be thoroughly ashamed, but won't be because of all the money they've made selling this series of amps to new guitar players.

In a nutshell, the MG series Marshalls are like having a chance to sleep with Sienna Miller, only to find out she has really bad genital herpes. On the surface everything looks okay but it most certainly is not!