I do music lessons in my area at the college. People are asking me what I charge. I am not sure what is the going rate for a music teacher. I dont want to charge to high and lose a customer, but dont want to charge too low and lose money. Does $20 an hour sound right? I didnt knwo what forum to put this in.
That's about what most charge anyway, that should be fine, unless you're a qualified LCM/RGA, in which case, charge as much as you want.
Well I pay £15 for 40 mins so if your a good teacher you may be able to rise it if you want.
But 20 sounds right.
I wouldn't price them too high unless you have some good qualifications, a high grade certificate or some other achievements (winning school battle of the bands doesn't count by the way :P)
in an auction for a two hour guitar lesson from steve vai it fetched over a grand so that sound right
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
In m area it's a dollar a minute. No matter where you go.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
My old guitar teacher rose his prices to £22 per 30 mins.
Needless to say, i quit.
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

i payed 20/hour. good times.
I have no opinion on this matter.
^ that is quite excessive.

I reckon £10 ($15) for half an hour is very reasonable.

£15 ($21) for half an hour is average.
I pay nothing for my guitar lessons! And it's a registered teacher! Really, I don't know how I got away with that one

I'd charge a tenner for 45 mins. So yeah, about $15 for half an hour and maybe $20-25 for an hour.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I'd say (in dollars) take what grade you are, add three, then times it by two, and charge that per 30 minutes.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ that is quite excessive.

I reckon £10 ($15) for half an hour is very reasonable.

£15 ($21) for half an hour is average.

+1

i had a teacher for £18 ($?) an hour...

he was amazing but it's still too much lol
My instructor charges $45 an hour. But I'm fine with it because she is very competent. She teaches at the university, here.
I personally don't think you should charge for teaching guitar, I believe the art should be passed on for free, but yeah $20 sounds right.
where i live its usualy bout a dollar a minute for music lessons in general

yes, theres lots of other things you could be doing at that rate
Yeah at a local guitar store these guys literally rip ppl off if u ask me by not even knowing theory, or any style beyond country and bluegrass. They have students paying like 30 dollars for 30 minutes to play country when they wanna play metal.
Quote by The Madcap
My instructor charges $45 an hour. But I'm fine with it because she is very competent. She teaches at the university, here.

Fire her she's a woman.
Quote by ravenrage07
Yeah at a local guitar store these guys literally rip ppl off if u ask me by not even knowing theory, or any style beyond country and bluegrass. They have students paying like 30 dollars for 30 minutes to play country when they wanna play metal.

No one starts playing metal, and no one should. Bluegrass is pretty awesome so I would take the class just to learn how to play it.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I get charged $15 for 20mins but thats during school hours.i'm not sure about after school and weekends
Quote by Aramis
I personally don't think you should charge for teaching guitar, I believe the art should be passed on for free, but yeah $20 sounds right.

Thats what my teacher is like he had an epic speech about if im not gonna do what he teaches me its a complete waste of time hes awsome.

Any ways make sure the teacher is really good and not just milking ur money
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
after reading this thread, i feel owned. i pay $100 for 4 half hour lessons.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.