I've been playing for 5 years. Ive grown out of my squier standard, and I plan on purchasing a fender standard strat. Its about 400 bucks, and I figure it will be a good quality guitar. Should i shoot for this? I love the feel of fenders and i love blues, funk, and punk. Ive played a few other brands epiphones, ibanez, esp, gibson, but i enjoy fender the most. Will it be worth the money? Thanks.
it will totally be worth the money, but how can you have stand a squier for 5 years?
鋼の錬金術師
I had one for seven. I win.

Anyway, make the jump. You won't regret it. Maybe even consider going all out for a deluxe - the S1 switching a really nice additional feature and the locking tuners are excellent for tuning stability.
I may. I just really want something nice. I cant afford the american standard, so Ill get the next best thing. I want a new amp too, but that will be another investment for the future. I know the amp matters more (to me it does, a nice tube mmmm). But I just really want a new guitar, my squier needs a rest, big time. hahah. I think for christmas ill get a new amp or just wait when i have a job *im in college, and nobody will hire me, cause i can only work -15 hours a week*. I did get my reimbursement check, and i figured i would treat myself. heh.
Last edited by LaneO at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by Tomaz24
I had one for seven. I win.

Anyway, make the jump. You won't regret it. Maybe even consider going all out for a deluxe - the S1 switching a really nice additional feature and the locking tuners are excellent for tuning stability.

Locking tuners do nothing for keeping the guitar in tune. It only makes the string changing simpler.

Anyways, the Deluxe Players Strat is very nice, and you should look into it over the regular Standard.

for an amp, look at the Fender Blues Jr. It has amazing tone for such a small amp, and it gets pretty loud. Perfect for blues!

Go for it!
High as tits
See if you can play through a bunch of them and find which one is the best; a lot of MIM strats are duds.

If you want other options, I really like the Godin SD, Hagstrom F-300, and the Washburn X33 more than the standard strat.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Deluxe is nice, a little more than i am willing to spend though. That gold hardware doesnt tickle my fancy either. lol.
Have a look at the MIM Classic Player's series - really nice, similar price to the Std but with nicer appointments
Well the classic 50's strat is 719 and the standard is only 429. I really dont want to go over 300 dollars. My maximum was 400$, and Im just not comfortable spending more right now.
Quote by LaneO
Well the classic 50's strat is 719 and the standard is only 429. I really dont want to go over 300 dollars. My maximum was 400$, and Im just not comfortable spending more right now.

Quote by FacingUsAll
See if you can play through a bunch of them and find which one is the best; a lot of MIM strats are duds.

If you want other options, I really like the Godin SD, Hagstrom F-300, and the Washburn X33 more than the standard strat.

Then you should grab the Hagstrom F300.

Better than the MIM strat in my opinion and in your preferred price range.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Then you should grab the Hagstrom F300.

Better than the MIM strat in my opinion and in your preferred price range.

Hagstrom is in my price range, but the look of it doesnt appeal to me at all.
MIM fender strats are great values.
Only gripe from me is I don't like their stock pickups. But, i'm a tone freak. They might sound awesome to your ears.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by LaneO

Woops, sorry, didn't realise that, I'm not too familiar with their pricing in the States

But yeah, you can't go wrong with the Standard with what your paying for it, you get the best damn bang-for-buck guitar I've played; you get the look, feel and sound of a classic and for extra brownie points (lol, Brownie, as in Clapton's original Strat, geddit? geddit? ) you get the name on the headstock...win-win really
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Woops, sorry, didn't realise that, I'm not too familiar with their pricing in the States

Hhah, it's cool dude. Don't worry about it. I think im set on the MIM strat. I just hope its a good investement.
I wish i could own brownie, or blackie. Clapton is a ****in god dude!
You will certainly have to change out the pickups. Stick some lace sensors in there.

Oh yeah, also consider installing copper shielding.
Quote by Chordzzz
You will certainly have to change out the pickups. Stick some lace sensors in there.

Oh yeah, also consider installing copper shielding.

At the price of lace sensors, you could just get a fancy set of handwound singles.
But, lace sensors are still quite good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator