Page 1 of 12
Hello fellow UGers, I have following situation on my hands:

a very good friend of mine told me that she and 4 of her friends would like to try out LSD. They already know where to get it and when they will take it. She has asked me to take care of them while they're on the trip. At first I didn't really think about it and agreed.

However the more I think of it, the more I realize that I made a wrong decision. I never wanted to have anything to do with hard drugs. I have nothing against an occasional joint once a month but LSD? That personally goes to far for me; it crosses a personal border, even if it is only taking care of friends that are high on ACID.

The thing is:

How can I convince my friend that it is totally foolish of her to take LSD especially when she's only 16?

any help is appreciated
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Just make sure they don't do anything stupid...unless you have a video camera.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
tell her straight up, you dont want her doing it

no point being a pussy about it, whats the worst shes gunna do?
Don't. If she wants to do it that's her prerogative. It may go beyond your boundaries, but hers are obviously different.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Let her make her own choices.

Mistakes are a part of life.

Word. And there are worse drugs than LSD.
LSD is still a soft drug IMO.

Tell her that you don't want her to get involved in drugs. If she still does it; she is your friend look after them for that reason.
I think you really have to be prepared for the experience, or your going to have a bad trip and freak out. Just make sure they stay in the house in a safe place.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Fender DG series acoustic
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
Quote by Chex
Punch her in the face.

+1

seriously bro.. i put my sister in a headlock and gave her a wicked ass noogie when i found out she was smoking.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Tell her it's made of strychnine/rat poison and will burn holes in her brain stem...

Or, while they are tripping, do weird stuff to make it a bad experience so they'll never do it again.

My favorite is to say random things in moments of silence like, "WTF did you just say? I wasn't even talking to you!". Or, "did you see that crazy shit? I'm getting out of here!". Either one of those should work.
LSD can stay in your system for up to like 40 years...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
if she wants to do it, nothing you say will stop her. you can either be a trip sitter and make sure she is ok personally, or keep out of it and she will probably find someone else to look out for her. it will most likely happen either way.
from daylight...
...into darkness
LSD isn't a hard drug, it's just an hallucinogenic. It's not addictive, and as far as I know there aren't any physical hazards with taking it. Mind you, people have jumped off buildings thinking they were superman while on LSD, but as long as they're in a safe environment, let them have their fun.
let her take it and have the scariest day of her entire life
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
It really isnt wise to make it uncomfortable for her if she does take it, bad trips can seriously f**k with peoples heads.

I wouldn't be the one to look after her while shes on it, it really isnt something you should have to do. Especially as its not like a 10 minutes thing, its hours.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
tell her you'll let a homeless guy rape her if she takes it...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
LSD can stay in your system for up to like 40 years...

Wrong. No drug stays in your system that long.
Why you stopping her?
Acid's awesome!
But seriously, when people are 16 you can't make choices for them, let her do it and if she has a bad experience hopefully it'll put her off doing it again
ohai little sig.
When someone takes LSD, it grows a huge bubble on their spine. near the top. it keeps getting bigger and bigger. When that bubble bursts at any given time. It will send a shockwave down your spine, cracking and breaking on the way down. But since that bubble has lsd toxins in it, you'll be so high you wont even notice.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Tell her she is still a child.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Seth Shadows
When someone takes LSD, it grows a huge bubble on their spine. near the top. it keeps getting bigger and bigger. When that bubble bursts at any given time. It will send a shockwave down your spine, cracking and breaking on the way down. But since that bubble has lsd toxins in it, you'll be so high you wont even notice.

What? that sounds like utter bollocks to me.

Can anyone back this up?
Quote by Seth Shadows

where's your source for this information?
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
where's your source for this information?

Hey,
Quote by Eruption1991

How can I convince my friend that it is totally foolish of her to take LSD especially when she's only 16?

He didnt say it had to be true. And if they're foolish, they'll sure as hell believe it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Wow. People actually took that seriously.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Seth Shadows

If you're being serious, please do research.

If you're joking

Anyhoo, TS, just tell her you've changed your mind and you don't want to tripsit, she should respect your decision just like you should respect her decision to drop acid. Don't stop her from doing it, you'll just seem like a prick.

And to all those who are going on and on about 'drugs are bad' and 'LSD stays in your system for up to 40 years' http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml educate yourselves.

And one last thing. Take it to the drug thread.
lsd is not really a hard drug; it has no potential for addiction and ive heard does not provide a real 'high', but more of a trip.
if you want to watch them, go for it. if you think its foolish tell her, but its her choice; not yours.
Quote by i_am_teh_walrus
Mind you, people have jumped off buildings thinking they were superman while on LSD.

Ahh natural selection...

Nothing you can do apart from keep her safe.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Uh, you don't. It's not your choice to make.

Just tell her you changed your mind about acid-sitting them, and that you feel she is making a bad decision.

Also, most people in this thread don't know **** about LSD.
Last edited by Vermintide at Feb 25, 2008,
Make sure to have a video camera with you for capture all the fun (so if she does like people i know and strips down and starts running around naked). My friend has tried pretty much every drug and likes to write about the experiences he has the next day, but I can't seem to find any of the LSD or Mushroom ones.
i would be honest and say look im not gonna be involed and i don't think you should do it .
Personally, I found LSd to be a wonderful drug the one time I had it. Would recommend, no insist on, being in a safe and familiar place with only real good friends. My experience was one of immense enjoyment, where I found myself being quite content with pretty much everything - except being in a small room - and even the simplest things were amusing.

I have never taken LSD since that day, it was a wonderful experience and I never wish to associate acid with any other situation. Other friends of mine have taken it many times, and they have always been fine (well, nearly always - but with any drug there is always a risk - getting stuck in a 'loop' is a common acid side-affect).

Your friend is young, as were a lot of my friends when they started doing 'harder drugs', it is a curiosity thing I guess. My advice to you would be to tell her you disagree with it, and even distance yourself from it if you feel you should/need to. She'll do it regardless of what you think, and if it goes well, she'll be a happy bunny, if not, then at least you're not the one picking up the pieces.

EDIT:

Quote by Seth Shadows

Errr....yeah....right....
Last edited by saphrax at Feb 25, 2008,
LSD isn't a "hard drug" in the sense that it's highly addictive and dangerous like meth, heroin, or cocaine, it's a hallucinogen. The only real danger comes from people who geek out and temporarily act like idiots, and that's why you have a trip-sitter. Sounds like they're being smart enough about it that I personally wouldn't have an issue with it, although they are a little bit young for it.

Still, if they're able to go out and get it, it's not going to really matter what you say, it's been proven a billion times that in the proper dosages and in the right environment, there's nothing really dangerous about it... unless you're already mentally ill.

If the idea of acid is what scares you tell them to try and do shrooms instead. Shrooms are a simple fungus that grows naturally, it's not mixed up by some crazy drug-lab technicians. They're a little less intense than acid and probably safer.

Worst case, if you don't want to get involved at all and they still do it, at least then there's nothing for you to feel guilty about if they do get in trouble.
Let the girl do what she wants, drug experiences can be positive as well as negative.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
ive never taken LSD, but in my opinion she should do it if she wants.

just watch her back. ive seen this chick on LSD go runnin around naked.

she woke up VERY sore, mmyes?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
One hit of acid..I mean comeon, no harm done..LSD has been proven over and over again as one of the safer hard drugs, provided you dont overdose, which can be incredibly easy on LSD, as it takes such a small amount for the effects to take hold.