Hey.
As a tone freak, I like experimenting with different tones, settings and pedals.
As of late, I have been buying every single good overdrive pedal deal I could find.
So now... I have 5 overdrives :P.
I have a purpose for each. I could list what each OD I used for what, but that'd be pretty long.
So, am I stupid for having so many OD's? I only use one at a time, but I use each for something different for getting a wider palette of tone.
Actually, i'll rattle off my OD's and a slight description on what I use them for.

DOD YJM308 (modded to grey 250 specs): I use it to layer over my clean channel to get some transparent, marshally crunch. I also sometimes use it on my lead channel to get a Yngwie, shreddish tone.

Digitech Screamin Blues: This is currently on loan to a friend, but before I lent it to him, I used it to give a sharp-edged distortion over the clean channel.

Boss SD1 (will mod soon): This is the only pedal I haven't found a solid use for yet. Once I mod it, I'll probably run it into my dirty channel, or to get more volume and to smooth out the clean channel.

Modded Tubescreamer: I use it on my lead channel to give me basically whatever lead tone I want. It's seriously really good. I really don't like it on the clean channel, since it colors my tone quite a bit, and I have my other overdrives running into the chean channel.

(almost here) Dano Wasabi OD: I stole this off of MF for 20 bucks marked down from 100. Apparantly it has a decent clean boost and a very smooth OD tone. I think this will replace my Tubescreamer on my lead channel to get a smooth sustaining tone (think EJ), and i'll move my tubescreamer to be more of a middy, more "biting" santana lead tone. I will probably use the clean boost function to run into my tubescreamer, to give me that double TS effect.

So... Even though I have a use for most of them, am I crazy to have this many overdrives? Oh, and I'm running it into my peavey classic 50, so i'm not running into some cheap SS amp like an MG or something.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
um no youve found a use for everyone, i have four delays and use pretty much everyone.
great
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by darkarbiter7

So... Even though I have a use for most of them, am I crazy to have this many overdrives?!

No, although I would personally rather use the money for another/better amp or guitar.
Quote by mr_hankey
No, although I would personally rather use the money for another/better amp or guitar.

Yeah, I was thinking of selling the digitech and maybe the boss.
But... I already have a fine guitar and pickups, and a great amp with upgraded tubes, and I really don't need any major upgrades to any of my gear ATM. As for other effects, I already have a great wah (Vox V847), and effects like chorus and flange and stuff really doesn't appeal to me too much. But i'll probably end up buying a delay some day. And... I'm already getting like 400 bucks on tradein (my sister's instruments), to use at a store, which i'll use to buy recording stuff.
So, yeah. I think i'm basically set for now (hobby player).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, I was thinking of selling the digitech and maybe the boss.
But... I already have a fine guitar and pickups, and a great amp with upgraded tubes, and I really don't need any major upgrades to any of my gear ATM. As for other effects, I already have a great wah (Vox V847), and effects like chorus and flange and stuff really doesn't appeal to me too much. But i'll probably end up buying a delay some day. And... I'm already getting like 400 bucks on tradein (my sister's instruments), to use at a store, which i'll use to buy recording stuff.
So, yeah. I think i'm basically set for now (hobby player).

Good for you. I can (and do) unfortunately always come up with a reason to buy another amp/guitar/whatever.
You know you are a guitarist when you read this headline and think "pedal"....

Also, shame.

On topic, as long as you have a use for them i guess...
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by We Remain
You know you are a guitarist when you read this headline and think "pedal"....

Also, shame.

On topic, as long as you have a use for them i guess...

Well, when OD is used in a gear forum, it means overdrive.
In the pit, it's overdose.
Just food for thought.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by ollievk
maxon od808, no doubt

Are you saying I should buy this?
A while ago, when I was shopping for tubescreamers, I looked at an od808.
Although it was excellent, it just wasn't perfect for my tastes. 90% of people will probably like the od808 better, but I like my current TS better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeh, the tubescreamer is really nice, i just prefer the clarity you get with the od808