Page 1 of 2
So i'm doing this thing at school about death penalty. What do you think is the positive and negative sides about it ?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Depends on the situation...

It's a completely screwed up system if the defendent to be executed is innocent
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by jmilli2
Positive: Dead person
Negative: Cost of burial

No ****, Sherlock.
any other serious comments?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
This was in the news today ironically..

99% of UK citizens want corporal punishment... I don't personally.
Positive: tough on crime

Negative: If the person is innocent then there is no going back

also I'm more a fan of the nitrogen gas method rather than the electric chair etc, it seems more humane, I feel that the death penalty should cause the criminal to die but with the smallest amount of pain possible, and I know alot of people would disagree but thats just me.
Quote by Archaon
How about you do your own God damned work?

True dat foo!
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by Archaon
How about you do your own God damned work?

I am doing my work. I just need you guys to find some reasons, than I have to write a essay
Quote by JeanMi36

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Positives
- One less mass murderer the government must pay to keep in a plush prison cell playing PS3 eating his well cooked meals.
- Cyanide is cheaper than housing mass murderers, peadophiles and rapists.

Negatives
- Cost of disposal of the bodies
- Must make 100% sure the suspect is the guilty person.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Rocking-Rob
Positive: tough on crime

Negative: If the person is innocent then there is no going back

also I'm more a fan of the nitrogen gas method rather than the electric chair etc, it seems more humane, I feel that the death penalty should cause the criminal to die but with the smallest amount of pain possible, and I know alot of people would disagree but thats just me.

rather have them die from insuverable pain cus he's probably done the same to your and/or your familly... but personally i'd go with the lethal injection thing, painless and hes gone.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by str84ever

Did they give details of the study with sample size, type of people asked etc? That sounds a bit over the top.
Postitive: Good Punishment, cheap, makes room for more prisoners etc
Negative: you might have got the wrong guy
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Robbie n strat
Did they give details of the study with sample size, type of people asked etc? That sounds a bit over the top.

That's all i heard but yes i think its a bit drastic too.
Quote by Sumlover41
I am doing my work. I just need you guys to find some reasons, than I have to write a essay

No, doing your work would be doing your own research rather than feeding off the opinions of forum dwellers and passing it off as your own.
Killing Humanely? Whats the point? The end result is the same, the person is still going to die no matter what. I think once a person commits a crime such as murder, and is proven guilty, he has already given up his rights, and is no longer a citizen, but a criminal. He should be treated as such.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
+1 = Get's rid of offender for good
-1 = Goes against many moral and religious beliefs
hue
Quote by Mexican Militia
Killing Humanely? Whats the point? The end result is the same, the person is still going to die no matter what. I think once a person commits a crime such as murder, and is proven guilty, he has already given up his rights, and is no longer a citizen, but a criminal. He should be treated as such.

yeah they should slit his wrists and put him in a hotwater bathtub...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
i don't believe in the death penalty, i believe people should live with what they did. death penalty seems like an easy way out to me.
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
positive: FINALLY start getting rid of some of the scum on our streets, imo anyone guilty of murder deserves to die, if that person decided to kill a child then they deserve to die in as much pain as physically possible (i would suggest being scratched to death by thousands of kittens but whatever)
negative: yeah i guess the whole no going back if you find out you got the wrong guy thing, although having said that finding out you got the wrong guy 20 years later or something isnt great either.
For the UK, an interesting negative side effect would be dismissal from the EU which could have major economic implications.

EDIT: Just realised you're from Norway. Even though it doesn't affect you, it still holds up as a general point for all Union member countries.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Here's a negative: it entrusts your (undoubtedly retarded) government with the decision to end human life. I don't know about Norway, but in my goddamn country, I wouldn't even entrust the government with changing a lightbulb.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
positive: empties prisons
negative: sadness for family, burial costs, eaasy way out etc

quite a few more negatives.
i'd like to thank all of you who answered my question, i really appreciate it.
Quote by JeanMi36

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Death penalty does nothing to deter criminals. Only Positive thing i can think of the death penalty is that it saves money on paying for prisoners.

But negatives are: getting an inoccent person, Saying "were going to kill you because you killed" seems a bit retarded if you ask me.

I believe the proper way to deal with a real bad murderer is lock them in a black room and deny them sun and just give them three basic meals and no human contact.
what you do is take your criminal x number of miles from any shore where any shore in question is an uninhabited island, and drop him in the ocean with nothing but a pair of speedos.

x varies with severity of crime.

If they make it to the island they get to live there for the rest of their lives.

If not the sharks eat them.

And the island is really ****ty, always rains and the only food is chick peas.
Quote by Mad Marius
I wouldn't even entrust the government with changing a lightbulb.

Quote by lexaah
rather have them die from insuverable pain cus he's probably done the same to your and/or your familly... but personally i'd go with the lethal injection thing, painless and hes gone.

Actually the lethal injection is one of the most painful ways to die, it's just that the first injection (there's 3) takes away their ability to move any muscles and so to the family, or whoever's watching, it looks like they aren't in any pain as they can't scream or tense their facial muscels. Personally if I had to be excecuted and wanted it to be painless i'd go for a tank shell to the face, that's the fastest and most painless way I can possibly think of. Your head would be gone before you even feel anything! And I'd give those baStards a huge ****in' mess to tidy up! :P
Quote by Robbie n strat

It was on the cover of the Sun so I wouldn't trust it.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
There are no positives to killing someone, except for clearing one man who has been convicted. Prisons could kill every single convicted murderer they have right now, and their spots would fill up again with more murderers and petty crime commiters very quickly. Clearing space is not an advantage, just an excuse. But they did kill someone (supposedly) and I do not disagree that they have no room to complain about the death penalty, but it seems to make our government seem more 'eye for an eye' than it should be.
Quote by Robbie n strat

It was in the sun.

They asked 95,000 people.

And i agree with all of them!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I did a thread similar to this ages ago which turned into a huge debate about it. If you want, go to my threads and dig it up.
Positive
?
Negative
Uncivilised, dangerous. We are humans, we make mistakes. If the wrong person is punished there's no gong back on it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by MetalheadA7X
It was in the sun.

They asked 95,000 people.

And i agree with all of them!

The Sun, eh?

Sounds like a decent survey then!

Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by str84ever

I did also see this but it was in the Sun so I doubt it's actual accuracy levels. Most people I know are against it, though my mum did suggest that convicted child rapists should be chemically castrated.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
It's a double edged sword really.
On the positive side there are some people who have done serious crimes such as John Wayne Gacie, posing as a clown named pogo then raping and murdering murdering some 60+ young boys. Ok in this case we should be using the death penalty, we found the corpses all over his place, there were mountains of evidence against him, and there is no chance that this guy will ever be rehabilitated, so I say we kill him.
Then on the other hand you have these cases where someone goes to jail for a crime they didn't commit simply as a victim of cirsumstance, and they get the death penalty. Years later we come to find that they were innocent and we killed an innocent man. (sorry I don't have a precidence here, but this has happened many times in America.)

So you gotta take it on a per case basis if you ask me. I think we do need a death penalty and I also think that you should only be able to appeal it once instead of over and over and over like Timothy Mcvaigh who bombs a building killing many many innocents. On the converse I think that it should only be employed in cases where it is irrefutable that the accused did such a heinous act that there is no way anyone else on the face of the globe did it and there is no way that this assailant could ever be rehablitated and can never rejoin society again. Like Gacey whom by the way was not executed do to insanity.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Page 1 of 2