Hey,
I plan on doing some (extreme) mods to my strat. Currently, it has a very strange setup.

I could explain it, but It'd take a long time, and everyone will always ask my why I did it. Then I'd have to explain that. It's all just too crazy and timeconsuming. In short, my strat is basically a telecaster but hum-cancelling with real singles (no stacked HB's here).

So basically, could I slap a tele bridge pickup into my strat's bridge pickup position?
I know i'd probably have to drill in my PG (which i'm confident in doing), and probably to enlarge the hole (once again, i'm confident in doing that) but will I have to do some major routing or anything like that to the body?
I have a plywood body I could practice on if I needed to route out anything.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Most strat bodies can handle the tele pickup. It's the pickgaurd that is the bugger. A tele pickup is set at a 45 degree angle so from left to right the tele pickup will not take up as much space as a normal strat pickup. From neck to bridge, however, the pickup will take up about twice as much space. Take your pickgaurd off and look at the body routing and see if it looks like you could double the amount of space the pickup takes from neck to bridge. If it looks like you can then there shouldn't be any problem.
Not taking any online orders.
All right, say that I have HSH routing in the body (which I do, i've checked).
Should I be able to then?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Should be ok. A tele pickup at a 45 is a little wider than a humbucker but they give a little extra room in the HSH strat routing. If it's not ok then you won't have to take very much off.
Depending on what tele pickup you plan to install, it may not have a metal baseplate, in which case you can just cut the bottom bobbin down a bit.
All right. Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
@Cord: Which bit is at 45°? I could see a bit of the baseplate's edge being at 45°. Is that it?
The back of the pickup (the part closest to the bridge) lines up on the top and bottom. That is 45 degrees to the bridge. The part closest to the neck is 45 degrees on the top of the bobbin but the bottom is kind of a triangle(ish) shape so one of the 2 front edges parallel with the bridge. Not sure about the other front edge...
I think I know what you mean, but I can't make that 45°... Might I persuade you to draw up the 45° line in bright yellow in MSPaint?

(If you have the time, of course. I make no demands)
my paint skills aren't the best. Don't know if this helps or not.

That's what I thought, but 45°? Seriously? No way...

If you draw a diagonal line from where the straight bits end on the pickup bobbin (Like this) then you're getting closer to 45°, but it's actually still not quite there...

By eyeballing it, I'd say it's somewhere between 15° and 20°. Probably closer to 20. And I know the angle for a Strat bridge pickup should be right around 8°.