I wan't a new amp as my amp is knackered, it cuts off randomly. Have you got any advice for some cheap amps which would be good for grunge-nirvana sounding.
A Vox AD15 would be pretty good i think. Has good distortion i think and it has a chorus effect, so its pretty much the cheapest way to get Nirvana-esque sounds.
Quote by qotsa1998
A Vox AD15 would be pretty good i think. Has good distortion i think and it has a chorus effect, so its pretty much the cheapest way to get Nirvana-esque sounds.

Cheers mate, I'll just look it up now.
Quote by qotsa1998

The distortion isn't too great.. and the chorus is weak. What's your budget?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
The distortion isn't too great.. and the chorus is weak. What's your budget?

Its probally around £100 but thats probally the maxium amount, because I'm 11, I don't have much money at the moment.
a marshall mg50dfx is a great cheap amp, and can pump out a decent variety of styles (including grunge), not to mention, but it has built in chorus flange reverb and delay which is always nice

**edit but thats probably too expensive, didn't see your price range there. try buy used?
Last edited by Royyor at Feb 25, 2008,
Honestly if you have that much to spend get a VJ and a good distortion pedal. IMO that's the best cheap amp out there, and it actually sounds good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

"Cheap" is relative... Exactly how much can you spend on an amp?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by stradivari310
Honestly if you have that much to spend get a VJ and a good distortion pedal. IMO that's the best cheap amp out there, and it actually sounds good.

Could you post the full name of the VJ or is that its full name ?
ive been looking on musicians friend a bit, i didnt realize there was a smaller version of the mg_dfx amp, theres the mg15dfx you can give a shot, and its right within your price range. using a good distortion pedal is a great idea, b/c you can upgrade your amp later and still have the sound you want
Bad news: 100.00e is not alot for an amp
Good News: You're only 11, you got mad time to save for a big amp!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Sorry, missed the budget up there. Unfortunately I don't know how the prices translate over where you are (too lazy to search). Roland Microcube has always been highly recommended here on the forums. Other amps that you might want to look at would be Peavey "Transtube" amps. They make those in various wattages, so basically just look what fits under your budget.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by ValoRhoads

I get £10 a week, so I can save 10 weeks of pocket money.
Quote by Royyor
a marshall mg50dfx is a great cheap amp, and can pump out a decent variety of styles (including grunge), not to mention, but it has built in chorus flange reverb and delay which is always nice

**edit but thats probably too expensive, didn't see your price range there. try buy used?

No. What on earth would he do with an overpriced 50 watt solidstate amp than isnt even that great?
Quote by ValoRhoads

100 pounds is NOT 100 euros. (its is 132.687766 €, actually )
I'm not an expert at grunge type distortion but I would suggest a vox of some sorts (?) Wait til someone who knows more about this posts.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
No. What on earth would he do with an overpriced 50 watt solidstate amp than isnt even that great?

I'm not an expert at grunge type distortion but I would suggest a vox of some sorts (?) Wait til someone who knows more about this posts.

Dude your the person who's help me best so far. All the other amps are too big in watt, I'm 11 I don't need a blooy 50watt amp.
VJ = Valve Junior. 5w of tube power.. it's the best small amp you'll ever get.

Or like Hakael said, the Transtube amps are really good. The 3rd guitarist in my band (effects guy) has the 80 watt (or maybe it's 70) and it can pull off several different distortion types pretty well. I'm guessing the smaller ones sound nice too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

yeah I know, I just don't know how to make the pound sign so I went with the closest thing I would think of without using the default $, what can I say I'm in America
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!