Im going to buy a new guitar soon. Now i have mexican Fender strat.
I want to know what are the big difference between the Les Paul Studio and the Les Paul Standard, or maby i should buy American strat deluxe?

I play almost any kind of music, but mostly RHCP, Linkin Park, Gunz N Roses, Beatles......

Thank you very much
Les Pauls and Strats are on opposite ends of the tonal spectrum.

You're going to have to decide what kind of tone you want.

The Studios are basically cosmetically toned down Standards.

Don't be afraid to *gasp* buy a guitar that isn't a Gibson or a Fender. There are far better guitars out there in the price range.

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Personally I like the les paul standard... i play mainly zeppelin, hendrix nd ac/dc. You can get a variety of tones from it as well.
ZoSO rocks!
youve already got a strat and with your music u need somethin with humbuckers, i recommend the lp purely because with the combination of the lp and trat u can play anything, i u like beatles ish stuff then u should probably get a semi solid at some point
Quote by FacingUsAll

Don't be afraid to *gasp* buy a guitar that isn't a Gibson or a Fender. There are far better guitars out there in the price range.

What amp do you have?

Exactly...the question is, do you want a thick, meaty, middy sounding guitar or do you want a high, trebly, less warm, but still very bluesy sounding guitar. The American Standard is going to sound pretty close to your mexi-strat, it's tone will just be a little more pronounced(better quality due to better electronics) and it's neck will be in a little bit better playing condition(especially with the rolled frets). But, some of the mexis actually play and sound better than most Americans. If you really love that sound and that feel, go with the American, or, upgrade your pickups, electronics, and neck to American specs(or custom specs) but keep the body and such. However, if you want something totally different go to the Les.

I've never played the two side-by-side to tell the difference, but as I've heard, and as stated above, the only difference between the two LP's is the looks. Apparently, the studios did away with some of the aesthetic(visual) features to make the guitar much cheaper than other LP's. However, play both of them before you make any decision regarding tone, as there may be subtle differences that make enough of a difference to choose one over the other.

Oh...and if you really want a Gibson or Fender, get a Gibson or Fender. Sure, there are plenty of great guitars out there in the exact same price range that you have, but it doesn't matter how great the guitar is, if it's not the one you want, you won't be happy with it. However, don't be afraid to try out a couple of other brands, just to see if they might be something that you like. Just be warned not to fall into the anti-Gibson/Fender trap because you want to avoid the Gibson/Fender fanboy/guitar noob trap.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
LP Studio vs Standard is cosmetic as mentioned above - I have a studio and it played exactly like the Standard...big diffrerence is the inlays (dot vs trapezoid) and the picks ups (uncovered vs covered)

I bought the studio cuz it was cheaper, and I could get it in solid black, with no other color.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I would get the LP since you already have a strat and you play music wich sound best with a strat and a LP
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by FacingUsAll

The Studios are basically cosmetically toned down Standards.

What amp do you have?

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tyler Durden
LP Studio vs Standard is cosmetic as mentioned above - I have a studio and it played exactly like the Standard...big diffrerence is the inlays (dot vs trapezoid) and the picks ups (uncovered vs covered)

I bought the studio cuz it was cheaper, and I could get it in solid black, with no other color.

my studio has trap inlays...........and covered pups. Wait, you have an Epi. I believe we're talking Gibson here, as an american Strat is going to be close to the Gibson LP range in USD.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Thank you all,

I went to try the lp standard, the lp studio, and the strat. And i decided to buy the LP Studio.

Now i have another question, which distortion pedal should i buy that will sound good with my new LP. I have max 150$ (less is O.K. if its good :P) for the pedal and I prefer to buy it at Guitar Center
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Overdrive--Distortion--Fuzz-and-Boost-Guitar-Effects-Pedals1.gc

Thank you
Quote by GraceKim
They say that the Studio has a thicker neck than the Standard. Having played both, can you tell us whether there is a big difference or not?

[see you at fight club: 9:00]

yes, it's thicker, it's to replicate the neck of the '58 and '59 Les Paul Standard
''Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.''

My Equipment =

Fender 2008 American Standard Stratocaster
Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
Quote by hello11
Thank you all,

I went to try the lp standard, the lp studio, and the strat. And i decided to buy the LP Studio.

Now i have another question, which distortion pedal should i buy that will sound good with my new LP. I have max 150$ (less is O.K. if its good :P) for the pedal and I prefer to buy it at Guitar Center
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Overdrive--Distortion--Fuzz-and-Boost-Guitar-Effects-Pedals1.gc

Thank you

i hope to god you have a nice amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would actually buy and American Strat. People say that the feel is much different, and you can't beat the sound. But get an HSS for more versatility.