Just been for my interview, got offered a place so yh...

But im pretty sure that the whole set of music teaching staff are idiots, down to the amount of poor amps:

There was about 6 Marshall MG50DFX's lying around

And half a dozen Spiders

So its a bit like :| Looks like i'll have to lug a decent amp there everyday

Hmppff
they buy those amps cause theyre cheap

not because of the quality, your meant to bring your own...

theyre just a backup
That's right, EVERYONE who owns an amp like that is an idiot. You get a lobotomy token with the warranty.

I hope they teach you to be less bloody ignorant.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That's right, EVERYONE who owns an amp like that is an idiot. You get a lobotomy token with the warranty.

I hope they teach you to be less bloody ignorant.

Im not being ignorant, Im just surprised because the teacher was jamming around and he was bloody awesome, and I just didnt understand why he couldn't hear the "badness" of the amps
Quote by rocabilly
Im not being ignorant, Im just surprised because the teacher was jamming around and he was bloody awesome, and I just didnt understand why he couldn't hear the "badness" of the amps
Maybe he could, but he knew actual skill far outweighed tone
i wouldnt mind one of them marshalls
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Okay, you're moaning they have MG50DFX's and you have a MG15DFX.. ?
if you tweak them right, especially the spider, you can get pretty sweet sounds out of them

theyre not like a cat screeching when you turn them on you know
Quote by andyscoot
if you tweak them right, especially the spider, you can get pretty sweet sounds out of them

youve never actually heard one have you, theyre not like a cat screeching when you turn them on you know

I own one

And I hate it
Quote by rocabilly
I own one

And I hate it

you prolly just whack on the distortion really thick or something, cause i can get a 'decent' sound out of them
Quote by andyscoot
you prolly just whack on the distortion really thick or something, cause i can get a 'decent' sound out of them

I dont because the marshalls distortion is horrific
There's a Line Spider-something 50W in the rehearsal room we rent, and I can get some decent tones from it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by andyscoot

theyre not like a cat screeching when you turn them on you know

+1
Tone is in the fingers.

My dad can make a practice amp sounds good.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Maybe he could, but he knew actual skill far outweighed tone

woahh, careful there.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
If you spend enough time with the spiders you can get a nice clean tone. I was ignorant in thinking these amps were total pants but after my main amp died i had to spend alot of time with it.

Plus, my uncles been playing for 40+ years, is amazing with some sweet guitars and at home his main amp is a 15w spider...
i have played gigs with an mg stack and a line 6 spider. they were borrowed from other bands. they aren't great amps, but people overrate how bad they are. they give a decent clean tone. not great, but as a guitarist who uses clean tones more often than dirty, they served a purpose, they were clean, tweakable to have roughly the sound i was after, and i have nice dirt pedals so i don't really care about amp distortion a whole lot.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I know where your coming from...if youve been playing through alot better an amp they sound terrible...

But all theyve done is went for the cheapest thing...
They thinks its "badass" probably because the only kind of amps theyve tried are cheap solid states...
A bad workman always blames his tools.

When it is an important gig, bring your own equipment. For learning, those amps are fine.

Quote by Sora 01

But all theyve done is went for the cheapest thing...
They thinks its "badass" probably because the only kind of amps theyve tried are cheap solid states...

Colleges aren't as rich as to be able to afford 20 Engls or whatever, of course they go for the cheap option. It is just for learning on, in that environment it is your playing which is the most important.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
um, you call those MG50DFX's crap and you have a MG15DFX? um...ok, well, if they are soooooo bad, why do you have one?