Page 2 of 39
Quote by element4433
^What confused you?

I'm not so much of a reader, so I just kinda skimmed it, and then I saw the list of "not emo" bands, and it was just that is what confused me, I guess. I don't know, it's a pretty stupid reason, but whatever. It was just the lack of wanting to read the whole thing.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Just found a JTB discography torrent. I'll be checking that out soon enough. (hopefully)

Where from
Woot. Go emo. I started listening to Fugazi, which led me to Rites of Spring, which led me to the rest. I'm pretty partial to the Kinsella's projects, particularly Cap'n Jazz.

I also love Cursive. Would you consider The Good Life as emo? If so, add them to the list.
Quote by rush4life
Woot. Go emo. I started listening to Fugazi, which led me to Rites of Spring, which led me to the rest. I'm pretty partial to the Kinsella's projects, particularly Cap'n Jazz.

I also love Cursive. Would you consider The Good Life as emo? If so, add them to the list.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me.
Quote by rush4life

Yeah the list isn't done, it's just the first bands that came to mind. I'm open to suggestions
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by rush4life

being from chicago i've always loved cap'n jazz. they were probably the first emo band i had heard. i still listen to them and sit in awe of mike's drumming which only got better with time.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Send me a pm (so we don't clog up the thread) with them and I'll add them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Guitarist132
I consider brand new's deja entendu emo, same with taking back sundays TAYF

yeah, tayf is emo
but tbs isn't anymore
generic modern rock
let's hope they turn around with fred gone...
i'm dreaming...
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
I can't believe I forgot I Hate Myself and Drive Like Jenu.

*updated*

And I was postive I had Moss Icon on there
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Feb 25, 2008,
this has been kind of bugging me
where would you guys place circa at?
like what genre?
Progresive rawk
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

k, i was never sure with them
Quote by element4433
I can't believe I forgot I Hate Myself and Drive Like Jenu.

*updated*

And I was postive I had Moss Icon on there

I just checked out Drive Like Jehu they're great.
Quote by saosin22533
yeah, tayf is emo
but tbs isn't anymore
generic modern rock
let's hope they turn around with fred gone...
i'm dreaming...

EVen if they did it wouldnt matter, Nolan pretty much wrote TAYF
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
yeah and like i just said in the tbs thread
the voices have changed
so there will never be an album like tayf
^That's not a bad thing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

LOL. Finally someone sets the record straight that Falloutboy and Pricks! at the disco aren't emo.

The genre needs to be cleansed.
Quote by Love_Buzz
About Moss Icon, they're more Rites of Spring style of emo aren't they?

Kind of, they were like the transition band into the more indie emo. I'd say they're in the middle.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Kind of, they were like the transition band into the more indie emo. I'd say they're in the middle.

I see...
I've got alot of Emo to check out.
Quote by Love_Buzz
I see...
I've got alot of Emo to check out.

Haha, same here, I know a lot, but there's always more to discover. Emo was and is such an underground genre that there's always some band that you don't have and it's hard to find a lot of it.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Feb 25, 2008,
Moss Icon has a good punky vibe to them. My friend was going through my itunes this weekend and he played some Moss Icon. He said "They're alright but I don't listen to a lot of punk anymore"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Moss Icon has a good punky vibe to them. My friend was going through my itunes this weekend and he played some Moss Icon. He said "They're alright but I don't listen to a lot of punk anymore"

Are they this punky?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t-TjiL3Ualw
That's not punky, it's chunky

I've been working on a cover of that btw
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

^Nice, put it on your UG profile when you're done.
Quote by element4433
^That's not a bad thing

yeah
it's just one of those albums where there only needs to be one
idk, it's hard to explain
yay emo!

yeah, i've got a lot more listening to do. haha
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Just introduced one of my friends to Jets To Brazil and Jawbreaker. She seems to like JTB but haven't heard her reaction to Jawbreaker yet. But still that's pretty cool.
^I've been listening to JTB ever since they got meantioned
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
^I've been listening to JTB ever since they got meantioned

I'm trying to. I've listened to Orange Rhyming Dictionary but my stupid iTunes won't goddamn work.
There are quite a few things on that list you really can't call emo and then be offended if someone else talks about MCR being emo. Think its quite possibly the first time I've ever seen Meneguar mentioned as emo, I can see what you're getting at, but no.

Anyway, Jets to Brazil, absolutely fantastic. Haven't listened to 'perfecting loneliness' in years, but absolutely loved that album. Long time since I've seen someone mention them on here as well, so good to see.

I'll try and get a couple of Empire State Games tracks up again at some point, one of the best. And Car vs. Driver, so underrated.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Base Ics
What I know of emo (or think that emo is), is that it's (in general) based on living towards your feelings and not having to be called a pussy for living up to them. Real emos I think, aren't the cutters everybody thinks they are, but accept and live up to ALL their feelings. This does include the negative ones, and this is where the problem with emo starts. Acting all negative is an efficient way of acquiring (lots of) attention from the ppl around you, something that MANY ppl (especially teenage girls) plain need. So they say they're emo and express all their negative feelings, every time topping each other just to get more attention. They'll do plain stupid things to a level where their life is in danger (yes, cutting your wrists can kill you). This isn't at all emo (I've never heard of any 'emo rule' that requires automutilation), nor good ofc. Just because 'being emo' would fit their image, they say they are emo, and act all pathetic for that attention. My conclusion: there's nothing wrong with emo, but all those people who 'think' they're emo seriously need help.

Chris Tucker's voice: "That's what I've been trying to tell everybody!"
Quote by Andrewbiles
There are quite a few things on that list you really can't call emo and then be offended if someone else talks about MCR being emo. Think its quite possibly the first time I've ever seen Meneguar mentioned as emo, I can see what you're getting at, but no.
I've never heard of them, but they were on a list of emo bands I found. I'll check them out later and see what I think
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Okay so I've listened to Menegaur and they seem pretty emo to me, so I'm leaving them on. I'll take them off if a majority disagrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQ8A6uY5Ms&feature=related
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano