Page 3 of 39
So does anyone else have trouble finding emo albums to buy? I couldn't find a bunch that I had wanted forever, but I found a more uh "indie" (for lack of a better term) style record store that had some Joan of Arc. I still can't find a good place to get Jawbreaker and Jets to Brazil though.
Amazon.com is the only place I have to buy music that isn't Walmart or Target
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I buy from amazon, they have everything. I wish there was a local store that sold some stuff, but my local record shop doesn't really sell emo.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I buy from amazon, they have everything. I wish there was a local store that sold some stuff, but my local record shop doesn't really sell emo.

Yeah they just sell "emo".

Edit: Are Amanda Woodward considered Emo?
Last edited by Love_Buzz at Feb 27, 2008,
drive like jehu = posthardcore..
for the list: (not sure about these)
Anomie, 1848, Inkwell, Don Martin Three, The Hated, Twelve Hour Turn and Admiral
Quote by StreetLight3989

Well, I actually bought Cap'n Jazz's Analphabetathology at HMV, and I did see American Football there once. It's a huge chain, so it's not hard to find some records I guess. I'm not sure what your situation is, like what record stores you have.

EDIT: Did I spell it right? I always mess that title up
Quote by Love_Buzz
Yeah they just sell "emo".

Edit: Are Amanda Woodward considered Emo?

I always thought of them as sort of Screamoish
Quote by rush4life
Well, I actually bought Cap'n Jazz's Analphabetathology at HMV, and I did see American Football there once. It's a huge chain, so it's not hard to find some records I guess. I'm not sure what your situation is, like what record stores you have.

Well I've got a local record shop that only sells punk and random vinyls it gets in. So there might be emo vinyls there sometimes. It's a really cool place, just no emo. I haven't seen any emo in places like FYE really.
Quote by pixiesfanyo
how Shotmaker and American Football can ever be placed under the same genre heading is completely beyond me.
Yeah it's wierd how bands that sound completely different like that are in the same genre
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Suggest some bands then

And I do prefer the more indie style of emo
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Suggest some bands then

And I do prefer the more indie style of emo

Same. I don't listen to much screamo. Although I just listened to Amanda Woodward's album "La decadence de la decadence" and I love it.
I'm getting more into screamo lately
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Love_Buzz
I just can't handle most of their vocals.

Hmmm, have you listened to Hot Cross or Saetia? They seem really easy to get into and adjust to the vocals. Not to harsh.
Quote by Love_Buzz
I just can't handle most of their vocals.
That's what happened to me. I tried screamo, and didn't like it. Then I gave it a second chance, and still didn't like it. I gave it a third chance, and I started to like it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
That's what happened to me. I tried screamo, and didn't like it. Then I gave it a second chance, and still didn't like it. I gave it a third chance, and I started to like it.

Nice...well maybe it's just cause I listen to videos off Youtube. When I listen to the studio versions, they're not so bad.
Quote by rush4life

I think it's Analphabetapolothology, but i'm not sure.

aren't Drive Like Jehu post-hardcore?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
You kids and you labels
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

That was what the was about
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

^Stop by some time
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

god, like over the past 2 weeks my mucis taste has like COMPLETLY changed,
its really weird?

its like one day im all a7x, the next jack's manniquin, and like the next like we are scientists..
Its like a colour mismatch
Quote by UndeadPirate
its really weird?

its like one day im all a7x, the next jack's manniquin, and like the next like we are scientists..

I would suggest that you change again to the bands listed in this thread.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by UndeadPirate
its really weird?

Yeah, I like alot of everything too. It's funny cause I would have used to call this thread crap, but I like some of the bands in it now.

I checked out that band "I Hate Myself" cause their name was funny, and turns out I really like them.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
^They're agreat band
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

About music tastes changing I'm like the perfect example. In 7th grade my favorite bands were a7x and Metallica, then in 8th grade I was into a lot of hardcore punk from the 80s, this year in 9th grade in the beginning of the year I was into old school NYC punk and now I pretty much listen to none of my old music that often. I listen to more emo indieish kind of stuff. Also a lot of stuff with synths. I know you guys really don't care about the evolution of my musical taste, but somebody brought it up.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by UndeadPirate
its really weird?

All a7x fans have to evolve into respectable people at some point.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.