I'm buying a Remington 700, and I want to know some good (and cheap) recommendations for bipods and scopes.

So far for the scope, I'm looking at a certain Bushnell Banner. I have no idea what bipod.

EDIT: I don't need anything specialized for hunting, I'm going to be doing target practice and marksmanship.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Feb 25, 2008,
unless you need the bipod for competition, Don't bother with a bipod just get an adjustable bench rest or some sand bags,
Quote by lostherox__-=_
unless you need the bipod for competition, Don't bother with a bipod just get an adjustable bench rest or some sand bags,

^^ Agreed. I had a Harris Bipod on my sniper rifle. It seemed to get in the way more than anything. A Bushnell scope? I would save my money and go up the food chain a little higher if I were you. For target shooting good quality optics are probably even more important. See what ebay has to offer. You might get lucky.
I used to own a RockMount Harris-type Bipod. Was a nice little thing. They can adjust to different lengths depending on which kind you get, and they are relatively cheap.

I've had good experiences with Tasco, Bushnell, and Barska regarding the scopes. (For Target Shooting)
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Can't help you I'm afraid. I always shot unsupported, using iron sights. The real man's way! Maximum distance I ever did that was 600m though, I suppose if you are going over that you're gonna want a bit of help.
...Bleep Bloop...
Harris bipod but get it with the side to side swivel/tilt action.

Get something better than a Bushnell if possible. Nikon makes some great stuff.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce
If you want quality, go with a Leupold scope. They may be a little bit heavier on the wallet, but with it, youll never need a bipod, just learn to be comfortable with it in the prone position
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Quote by Mexican Militia
If you want quality, go with a Leupold scope. They may be a little bit heavier on the wallet, but with it, youll never need a bipod, just learn to be comfortable with it in the prone position

its true, Leupold scopes are more expensive but they're hella nice glass so its worth it if you're serious about it
Man up, support your gun with your hands and use the iron sights.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by PCbassist
**** scopes and bipods.
fire from your hip. it's way cooler.

Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh

I don't use guns...
Quote by Kanthras
Man up, support your gun with your hands and use the iron sights.

You mean the ones that the rifle DOESN'T come with? Stfu.

I'm not looking to spend much on the scope, and definitely not the bipod/bench rest... The rifle itsels is going to be a Remington 700, and will cost me anywhere between 500-600.

I don't need to go too serious with the scope as I'm leaving for basic in 5 months, I just want something that is reliable, and accurate enough for about 100 yards.
My God, it's full of stars!
Tasco Varmint Scopes are fairly decent for the price, also check out Harris bipods and Shooters Ridge bipods, they are both very well made.
Quote by Dreadnought
You mean the ones that the rifle DOESN'T come with? Stfu.

I'm not looking to spend much on the scope, and definitely not the bipod/bench rest... The rifle itsels is going to be a Remington 700, and will cost me anywhere between 500-600.

I don't need to go too serious with the scope as I'm leaving for basic in 5 months, I just want something that is reliable, and accurate enough for about 100 yards.

Christ, calm down. You posted this in a forum dedicated to mockery and tomfoolery. Take it somewhere that's actually dedicated to the god damn subject.
Reading this thread has made me imagine what i could do to a certain person in my life with a sniper rifle.....
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by Dreadnought
I'm buying a Remington 700, and I want to know some good (and cheap) recommendations for bipods and scopes.

So far for the scope, I'm looking at a certain Bushnell Banner. I have no idea what bipod.

EDIT: I don't need anything specialized for hunting, I'm going to be doing target practice and marksmanship.

Good choice of rifle What version of the 700 and caliber?

I have a 700 XCR Tactical in .223 and am getting a 700P in .308 pretty soon.

By far the best bipods are made by Harris:

http://www.harrisbipods.com/

I have one on my 700 and they are very stable and very solid, easy to put on and take off.

As for scopes, the one brand I always recommend is Leupold. They are VERY nice scopes, especially the Mk4 line, but that will run you >$1,000 and I doubt you want to pay that, judging by your post. I was in a similar boat, if I was getting a .308 for LR shooting then I would have dropped the $1200 for the Mk4, but since I got a .223 at first, I had no need for a scope that was capable of ranging in targets >800yds. I found another scope called a Super Sniper (yes the name is really retarded), it costs about $400 but is VERY solid, it feels and acts like a lot of the >$1000 scopes, I highly recommend it if you are on a budget. You can find them from only one vendor unfortunately:

http://www.swfa.com/c-231-super-sniper-rifle-scopes.aspx

They are very clear, very sturdy and the adjustments are solid. I highly recommend them if you are on a budget.

As for mounts, I have Leupold Mk4 mounts, they ran about $200 but are worth it.

What kind of shooting will you be doing?

EDIT:

Nevermind, just saw your post on the 100yds thing.

Also make sure you invest in a good cleaning kit and RemOil and Hoppes #9 solvent, be sure to clean the rifle thoroughly before you shoot it the first time. Take it apart and look over it, make sure everything looks the way it should.

EDIT2:

Omgwtf, this post is from February!
Last edited by LordSephiroth at Sep 11, 2008,