Are EMG's a bitch to install into a Gibson Explorer? I will be installing them tonight and I hope I dont get my ass kicked by these things.
No.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Sorry to steal the thread, but would they be hard in an SG? I would assume not since they are both Gibson, but I might as well ask.
EMG's are easy to install period. Especially if they are of the passive variety.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
EMGs are no more difficult to install than any other pickup. Only difference is stereo output jack, battery and the 2 wires from batt.
Super easy install. just did it.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Whats up with the green 104k thingy that goes between the tone and volume pots? I am assuming it's a resistor. I have 2 volume pots and 1 tone pot. So i have 2 pair of 1-volume/ 1 tone pots that are connected by a 104k thingy. Do I leave it? Cut it out? I have the directions that came with the EMG's but they don't show the 104k's.
its a capacitor, if u change that, ur tone will change. some people experiment with different caps to get different sounds. leave the capacitor on.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I dont want to modify it. I am just wondering if I have to solder the 1 capacitor from the front volume pot to the back volume pot and leave the 1 from the tone to the back volume pot. The instructions that come with the emg's dont even show the capacitors being used.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
If your gona do anything to the EMGs, but a 18v mod in.

What does that do?
Quote by Ehosteda
What does that do?

EMGs normally run off a single 9V battery, but you can mod them to take 2 9V batteries (18V). Apparently its like removing a pillow from the front of your cab.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1