Hey fellas, this is probbly noobish or whatever, but i started playing guitar a few weeks ago and some of my favorite songs have like letters in the tabs? how do you play those kind?
you talk into that guitar, and say the leters that are in the tab.

Serioulsy, they are abbreviations for techniques such as bending, sliding, hammer ons/pull offs, vibrato, ect.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
They're symbols for certain techniques such as bending, hammer-ons, pull-offs etc.

+1
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
If you look up song called "one" by Metallica on this site, you will se what I mean. thanks for the responses.
intro solo
e|--------------------------------------------------|
b|-----------------3p2-----3p2-----3-3p2------|
g|------2-4b6r4~-------4-------2---------4~--|
D|-2h4--------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------|

2h4= Play the 2nd fret on the D string then hammer on (h) the 4th fret. Normally done by fretting the 2 with your index finger then striking the 4 with your ring finger or pinky.

4b6r4= Play the 4th fret on the G string bend (b) it up so it produces the same sound as if you played the 6th fret then release the bend (r) back to the starting position.

3p2= Play the 3rd fret of the b string then pulling off (p) to the 2nd fret. Play the 3 fret with your middle finger while having your index finger already on the 2 and pull off your middle finger while the note is played.
Quote by ofdwolf
intro solo
e|--------------------------------------------------|
b|-----------------3p2-----3p2-----3-3p2------|
g|------2-4b6r4~-------4-------2---------4~--|
D|-2h4--------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------|

2h4= Play the 2nd fret on the D string then hammer on (h) the 4th fret. Normally done by fretting the 2 with your index finger then striking the 4 with your ring finger or pinky.

4b6r4= Play the 4th fret on the G string bend (b) it up so it produces the same sound as if you played the 6th fret then release the bend (r) back to the starting position.

3p2= Play the 3rd fret of the b string then pulling off (p) to the 2nd fret. Play the 3 fret with your middle finger while having your index finger already on the 2 and pull off your middle finger while the note is played.

+1
thanks for the help guys. until now, i thought i was reading jiberish or something...