im looking to buy a telecaster body. so far i think my best bet is to get an american fender body made by fender off ebay, predrilled for around 150ish. but does anyone kno of other good companies that make fender parts (bodies and necks)? i know about warmoth and they are a bit pricey for me. id like to stay under 200 unless i find a nice maple/flame top, then i can stretch a fair amount. they need to be all finished (so allparts is out), drillings are optional. if i dont find anything else ill just get a regular fender fender body off ebay for cheap. thanks.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Ebay is your best bet
www.stewmac.com does some stuff like that, the prices are better than warmoth but still not pretty
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
warmoth.com

they have some cool stuff there. it's good quality and you can get it made with any kind of wood and finish.

unfinished is also an option.
i would love a warmoth, but as stated, i cant really afford it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
the only thing is that with this sort of thing, you DO get what you pay for.

you might only spend $200 or whatever on a telecaster shaped slab of flamed maple/alder/mahogany/etc, but you're also getting a piece of wood that might have giant knots, voids or other imperfections.

warmoth's product is worth the price. i'd save and go with them.
Quote by guitarman216
the only thing is that with this sort of thing, you DO get what you pay for.

you might only spend $200 or whatever on a telecaster shaped slab of flamed maple/alder/mahogany/etc, but you're also getting a piece of wood that might have giant knots, voids or other imperfections.

warmoth's product is worth the price. i'd save and go with them.

do u think a fender part (not licensed, real fender) would have knots in it and be cheap like that? (im not being sarcastic, im really curious).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
it could. if it was a korean model, or an older MIM body, it could very well have some serious flaws in it.
i was def looking at american fender models. and its not just some random guy, he has a great ebay rep, so i would imagine if they werent really american, someone would have caught on right? now im starting to question the pricing, cause they only go for about 150-200. they also say they are new, and predrilled (which some may not like depending which pickgaurd they wana put on).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Feb 25, 2008,