right
i since im starting a band with my cusion im gonna need a bass amp (were mainly doin acoustic but im doin some bass aswel) and since ive never had a bass amp be4 i need some help

my budget is about £150 i play pop punk(blink 182, green day, simple plan and good charlotte mainly) and im gonna be saving up for a p bass soon and i dont use effects

any suggestions

thanks
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
look into ashdowns, i have a MAG and its an awesome amp for the price. they have cheaper ones which are also pretty good. i definately suggest going to a music shop near you and trying a few out see if its the kind of tthing your looking for.
If you are going into a band, you will need much more in order to afford a powerful enough amp to compete with drums.

Sadly, most will be about double your budget.

£150 just won't buy that much.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The guys are right, to play in a band you're probably looking at a higher budget to get a decent amp. And please stop typing like that, it makes my brain hurt. All I ask is that we use some cohesive sentences with capitalization, punctuation, and proper spelling (or at least attempting to do so). Thank you!
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
check out the Crate BT 25. its awesome. i got mine on ebay for $120 including shipping. check out reviews for it if you want a second oppinion. Good luck!
Crate, Behringer or Ashton will give you the most bang for your buck!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Crate, Behringer or Ashton will give you the most bang for your buck!

Don't listen to him about the Behringer, please.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12

Don't listen to him about the Behringer, please.

this is true! if you want any sort of decent tone, DONT BUY A BEHRINGER!!!!! but if you want to make lotsa noise cheap go with one!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by GuitarFreak664
The guys are right, to play in a band you're probably looking at a higher budget to get a decent amp. And please stop typing like that, it makes my brain hurt. All I ask is that we use some cohesive sentences with capitalization, punctuation, and proper spelling (or at least attempting to do so). Thank you!

Don't be such a hypocrite! You put commas in two places where a new sentence should have been started.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Look into the Ashdown Electric Blue 15 180, might be a little over budget, but they're definitely worth it!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
gallien-kreuger is a great begginer amp but probly a bit out of your budget but i dont know euros
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
i think 1 euro = 1.9 USD atm right?

Quote by barb3rman
Quote by GuitarFreak664
Don't be such a hypocrite! You put commas in two places where a new sentence should have been started.

omg grammar nazis kill them before they get started
Quote by barb3rman

Semicolons would suffice.

In that budget, I'd look at peavey. I've always found their gear to be built like tanks.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Quote by Your41Plague12
Semicolons would suffice.

In that budget, I'd look at peavey. I've always found their gear to be built like tanks.

If you can't get to the budget level of a Ashdown or a GK, Peavey is a good option.

Personally, I'd avoid Crate--I have never been dazzled by the quality or the sound.
Quote by anarkee
If you can't get to the budget level of a Ashdown or a GK, Peavey is a good option.

Personally, I'd avoid Crate--I have never been dazzled by the quality or the sound.

It's funny, because I love my little crate BT12. For its size, quality, and price, it gets a semi-convincing metal tone. Yes, it only has 12 watts RMS, but for bedroom practicing I don't mind it when I dont feel like waiting for the SVT to warm up (or when I don't want my parents to complain from the other end of the house about the noise). I by no means recommend a crate if you're even thinking of playing with another person, though.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by Paperback Hero
omg grammar nazis kill them before they get started

Oh no! Where do I even begin with this one?! *head explodes*
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.