i dropped my dkmg yesterday when taking it off the wall hanger, the lower horn hit my desk and it must've sent vibrations through the neck joint as it's cracked some of the paintwork around the lip of the cutaway - with a nice big dent on the side to boot.

i noticed the neck had moved quite a bit, so i gave it a yank back into place but it still had a looseness to it. i took off the neck to see if the heel was damaged underneath - i couldnt see any cracks or anything so i bolted the neck back on and restrung.

guitar plays ok and tuning stability is fine when playing normally, but the neck still moves very slightly (not as much as it did) from relatively vigorous use - which knocks it half a step out of tune.

do you guys have any suggestions on how to fix this, or any comments on the possible extent of the damage?
I'd say take it in to a luthier, that sounds pretty serious.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
might need a shim now, or something to keep it snug.

if it's moving, you're missing a problem. gotta find the problem or bring it into a shop.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You might have cracked the wood in the heel joint of the body, or partially striped some of the threads for the neck screws.