Soldano SLO100 with Depth Mod.

$2600 plus shipping, obo.

Will entertain trades for Bogner Shiva EL34 (reverb preferred) 2x12 combo or head with matching cabinet. Also will entertain other boutique 2x12 combo's. PM me.

Depth mod was installed by James Peters.

I'll include some goodies with it too.

From James Peters of www.petersamplification.com:
PS for Scott:

The depth mod I did had two purposes: add "depth", and also "fill out" the frequency response more in a natural way at lower volumes. Most SLOs really need to get turned up loud to lose the sizzle and gain the guts they're known for, and/or you have to be very picky about your tubes and how it's biased. This amp is no longer like that; it can sound that good at just about any volume. (To the person who will end up owning this: you're welcome in advance. )

I can also confirm the amp is in excellent condition, since I had it in front of me.

Somebody had asked me about different years of SLOs, because supposedly some earlier ones sounded better.

I have no idea where this idea came from, but the SLOs I've heard were honestly all about the same as long as they were tubed well and biased well. Soldano has never "cheaped out" on the transformers compared to earlier years unlike some other amp manufacturers with the "same model" ongoing for 15+ years, and the rest of the amp's circuit has remained the same. The only difference I know of is if the amp has an effects loop or not. The "real SLO sound" to me is that of the SLO that has a loop. Its loop circuitry changes the sound of the preamp in a way that to me is part of the SLO signature sound. Without it, it sounds more like the Avenger to me (which is fine, but is different enough that if I wanted an SLO I'd get one with the loop). Scott's amp here has an effects loop.
Last edited by guitarman216 at Mar 1, 2008,
i would buy it... but id spent more time fapping to it than playing... and that would hurt my musical carreer...

sorry... i cant
Last edited by just17n8 at Feb 25, 2008,
Unless you can prove you own this stuff, no one is going to buy it buddy, especially after that last thread you made.
Quote by Scumbag1792
I am actually very very interested. Well my friend at least, I'll PM you tomorrow to see if he can really buy it though alright?

Also, would you say that this is better than the HR100?

much better than the HR100.
Quote by CJRocker
Unless you can prove you own this stuff, no one is going to buy it buddy, especially after that last thread you made.

haha. oooooookay. if you were to do a bit of looking around, you'd see that i have this for sale on many different forums, as well as my local craigs list. hell, you can call James Peters of Peters Amplification for confirmation that i do, in fact, own this amp. you can call reddt1 off of HCAF, or Rodimus Prime, as they both have been to my jam spot. or Blackwater, as he's seen this amp too.

don't be a douchebag.
Quote by guitarman216

don't be a douchebag.

Hes not been a douch. Theirs nothing wrong with been a little supicious.

I wouldnt blame him either tbh, because in the thread you dug yourself into alot of holes but it is proven that you have them so (As I've seen on HC)

So goodluck with the sale.
its fine to be suspicious, but seriously, if anyone needs any proof of ownership, ask me. don't just assume that because i made a couple "tolling" threads means that i'm trying to rip someone off over $2500.
I know guitarman216 on some other forums, and believe me this is NOT a scam. Ive never dealt with him personally, but Ive only heard good things.
Quote by guitarman216
Soldano SLO100 with Depth Mod.

$2600 plus shipping, obo.

Will entertain trades for Bogner Shiva EL34 (reverb preferred) 2x12 combo or head with matching cabinet. Also will entertain other boutique 2x12 combo's. PM me.

Depth mod was installed by James Peters.

I'll include some goodies with it too.

From James Peters of www.petersamplification.com:

Hey Duncan did you tell them it was broken like you did on Harmony Central, bragging about how you are going to rip them off?