Well, I have a 70's(not sure of exact year) musicman 210-hd, and a Boss Os-2 pedal (the one where you can blend overdrive and distortion), and my sound sounds ok, but it needs to be more clear, right now, it sounds kinda muddy, so what do i do? could it be the tubes in my amp? or is it that im pushing them too hard? could it be my guitar(epiphone les paul standard and MIM Fender Strat)? any advise would help. Thanks!!
more clear... meaning clean? Use less distortion. I suppose you could use a compressor, which can 'fake' a clarity increase. A clean boost could also do the trick, but given that you are playing a strat (not the source of muddiness) I'm guessing you need to ditch the boss pedal and go buy a TS.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
What's your EQ set to?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by handlerb
more clear... meaning clean? Use less distortion. I suppose you could use a compressor, which can 'fake' a clarity increase. A clean boost could also do the trick, but given that you are playing a strat (not the source of muddiness) I'm guessing you need to ditch the boss pedal and go buy a TS.

whats a TS?
Quote by Yngwi3
What's your EQ set to?

ive been playin with my EQ, but its mostly like this treble: 7ish, Mids:2-5, bass: 7-10, and ive been playin with the bright and deep switches
Quote by guitardude34875
ive been playin with my EQ, but its mostly like this treble: 7ish, Mids:2-5, bass: 7-10, and ive been playin with the bright and deep switches

Eurgh. Cut the bass and boost those mids!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm not sure what the amp is like, but my Crate 15W practice amp doesn't like distortion AT ALL.
The stock lead channel is fuzzy and muddy and even though it has a sparkling clean channel for a solid state, even my Digitech Metal Master sounds just as horrid through it, even though it's not muddy through my big amp.