Would buying active EMG-p pick-ups and replacing those Duncan designed stock pick-ups in the Squier vintage modified P bass be worth it? Is the EMG-p pick-ups good?
I am mostly going to play metallica like stuff with that bass when I will buy it :P

EDIT: With active pick-ups you need a battery, will that fit in the bass? xD, it has to do, huh?
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Last edited by BoggaN at Feb 25, 2008,
Is they good? Yes, they is good. Needs you a battery? Yes, you needs a battery. Just find some room under the pickguard.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Is they good? Yes, they is good. Needs you a battery? Yes, you needs a battery. Just find some room under the pickguard.

Insult don't grammer his.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Insult don't grammer his.

Yoda not you are.

And yeah, it oughta sound pretty nice. Battery should fit under the pickguard.
There is plenty of room beneath a P bass pickguard. Just insulate the battery with electrical tape and you'll be dandy. I don't like EMG pickups at all, but if that's the tone you're after, go nuts. Just make sure you wire 'em in properly.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
ohh lol sorry, it was late and I was tired, and my english sucks anyways =)
thanks for the help.
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500