Is it possible to have this done, and get rid of the locking nuts...etc without ruining the guitar? (as in the sound, or anything,,?)

Do i bring it to a shop or something and ask.. anyone know???

thanks!

Something ive noticed with guitars, that have a floyd rose system on... when i pick a string (say top e, 8th fret) and bend the above string (on any fret) the e string's pitch will change, and it shouldn't obviously because it's the other string that i'm bending!....
On other guitars, without tremelos it doesn't happen.
Just something else i thought i'd mention.
Go to your local store and look for an item called Tremol-no. Get it installed, its great, you can block your bridge or leave it at full floating mode or even switch to a dive only mode.

Google it
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Go to your local store and look for an item called Tremol-no. Get it installed, its great, you can block your bridge or leave it at full floating mode or even switch to a dive only mode.

Google it

bingo
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
that is just what I was gonna say... get a Tremol-no it is so you can go back to the floyd if you ever want to.

and yes it does change pitch with a floyd. That is because the bridge dives slightly when you bend the strings... but everything goes back with the locking nut
thanks you guys! i'll go have a look...

Quote by joshane2000
and yes it does change pitch with a floyd. That is because the bridge dives slightly when you bend the strings... but everything goes back with the locking nut

Would it still do that do you know still... if i used this tremol-no?
i know exactly what youre talkin about... your bending issue. it doesnt bother me a bit but i noticed that a long time ago. i dont get how thats such a big problem that youd wanna get rid of the bridge all together.
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
It's a problem for me, doing alot of two string bending i notice it, and it sounds bad...
And because i just don't use it anymore, and need to re-tune alot... it doesn't matter to me if i kept or or not.
If you are that against it a better option might be to sell or trade your current guitar and get one without it.
My Gear

Schecter Gryphon with Seymour Duncan JB Bridge and Jazz Neck PU's
Fender Superchamp XD Amp
Bad Monkey Pedal