So if you dont know already Pantera was a glam band before they were 90s Thrashers. They released three albums under singer Terry Glaze. metal magic, projects in the jungle, and I am the night. I heard some samples on youtube and liked what i heard, despite the immiture stupid lyrics and song titles, Dimebag (then called diamond) Darrels guitar work is ace as usual. The problem is, Pantera has done everything they can to cover up the fact that they were ever a glam band so the albums are hard to find. i checked Frostwire and couldnt find any tracks from those albums. Where can i get them?? the one im most interested in is I Am the Night because at that point they were starting to become more thrash but were still melodic.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Sorry, this is all I can contribute to this thread.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Personally I prefer "Power Metal" over all of the glam albums because Phil was doing those crazy 80's screams like "Weaahhhhh!!!!!!" But, you can't really find them anymore for sale because after they went crunch and groove they didn't go back. Personally I just downloaded them, because I doubt Vinnie Paul, Rex, or Terry Glaze are going to go after royalties against downloading those albums.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
ebay probably, they have all sorts of crap there
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
80's Pantera was actually very good, shame they became a worthless pile of garbage after Power Metal.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
I love all their work (No I'm not just some "RIP Dimebag" fan boy, I truly enjoy their work, and yes, it's a tragedy what happened to Dimebag but all I can really say is that's life, sh!t happens and life goes on, can't live in the past =/. Just wanted to clear that up in case my user name may portray as such) and their '80s Glam albums were pretty damn good... 'Hard Ride' and 'Only A Heartbeat Away' are my two favorites

Sorry it's a big pic :S
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by chylde_of_fire
80's Pantera was actually very good, shame they became a worthless pile of garbage after Power Metal.

i personally think they started going downhill after cowboys form hell, although a vulgar display of power is pretty good. FBD though is kinda mediocre for the most part imo. haven't heard that much from trendkill or reinventing though. w/e Pantera is awesome for the most part.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
i have to like the glam days. i know terry. hes such a nice guy. plays for the school plays and stuff.
Quote by CJE
I punched my friend out of a desk and yelled "FATALITY."
Best. Study hall. Evar.
Or like the time I yelled out "WHY DOES IT BURN WHEN I PEEEEEEEE????"
Best. Library time. Evar.

Quote by slaveofsatan
I yelled "I leik t3h mudkipz" in my grade 9 orientation.
Quote by eddY888
i have to like the glam days. i know terry. hes such a nice guy. plays for the school plays and stuff.
There are so many threads about great bands that are forgotten and would deserve to be revived.

This is not one of them.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by CFH82
I love all their work (No I'm not just some "RIP Dimebag" fan boy, I truly enjoy their work, and yes, it's a tragedy what happened to Dimebag but all I can really say is that's life, sh!t happens and life goes on, can't live in the past =/.

Yes, you must be the brutalest of them all.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
This argument is like fighting over whether poop tastes worse than shit.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I'm a lazy slob. Someone link me the two best songs off Power Metal.

gogogogogo

EDIT: Cowboys from Hell's first half is some of the most fun thrashin' ever created. Just throwing that out there.

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Apr 30, 2010,
Hm, sounds alright. I still prefer the CfH material, partly due to Phil having reached his vocal peak on that album.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Hm, sounds alright. I still prefer the CfH material, partly due to Phil having reached his vocal peak on that album.

I really like his voice on the later albums better than the early groove albums(Particularly on Great Southern Trend kill and Far Beyond Driven). I just hate the army of imitators that he spawned trying to sound like him and all failing horribly.

Falsettos in metal generally make me lol.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Apr 30, 2010,
Yeah, falsettos in metal are really 99% just cringe-inducing.

I personally really dislike his vocals from VDoP onwards. They're so out of tune and, well, just plain bad. I think when he wasn't approaching supersonic levels on CfH, he pretty much perfected the art of "belting it out" while still having distinct vocal melodies. Plus, shouting along to Cowboys and Psycho Holiday always leaves me in high spirits.

Still, you're right, his imitators are much worse.

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Apr 30, 2010,
Quote by King ofKumbucha

Falsettos in metal generally make me lol.

Vulgar Display of Power was an alright album.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Last edited by fumb duck at Apr 30, 2010,