New piece again.... This one is sort of odd.... Kinda Melodic death ish, but with the minimalism of black metal...... (Dont say its too repetitive, because thats how its supposed to be. There're a bunch of subtle changes to keep it interesting in the atmosphere and whatnot, and it'll have vocals.)

btw, Final Gasp is merely a tentative title... I havent written lyrics or anything yet.

Edit: Added GP4.
Attachments:
Melodic(death)metal.zip
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Feb 26, 2008,
Really, really liked it. Catchy, but not over-bearing where it would get stale; the riffs, melodies and harmonies were fantastic; it's structured brilliantly, with the Main Theme always coming back at the right moment.

Don't have much to really comment on in terms of negative critisicm. Not a personal fan of Fade-out endings, but I'm sure it works the way it is supposed to for the piece. Only thing that bugged me was the solo. It works, and is technically apt, but I don't feel it adds much. I don't know if it just because of it's short length, or the note choice, or perhaps something else, but I wasn't really feeling it.

Other than that I thought it was excellent. Brilliantly written, flowed perfectly and never dragged.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796236
Danke.

Hm.... I actually thought the solo was good because it was short.... I didnt want it to seem like I was just wanking, and trying to make it longer, so I kept it short.... But then again, I am biased, as the writer...
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Thanks for the crit.

Any chance you could post a gp4 version as i don't use 5.2? From the midi it sounds great but would prefer to hear with RSE... will edit this post if you do.
Sure thing. Sorry it took so long.

Updated w/GP4.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"