Page 1 of 2
Well, any hardcore COB fan will already have listened to the album a few hundred times by now. The album was supposed to have been released in april, but leaked onto the internet yesterday night.
Any thoughts on how it happened
or any thoughts on the album
I, being one of the hardcore COB fans, can honestly say that this album was "not that good"
Don't try to convince me otherwise, I was a fan of Kissing the Shadows, Red Light in My Eyes, and Downfall.
This may come as a surprise to some people, but I actually enjoyed are you dead yet.
Although there was a unique distinction between each song, I have to say that COB should keep off the booze when recording, writing, and to stop breaking bones. For now, Janne, Alexi and Roope and everyone else up in COB, keep practicing, I haven't given up on you yet.
Someone tell me how to change my username!
i dont skate
And me being the owner of the largest Blooddrunk group on Facebook
i dont skate
i like the single "Banned From Heaven" havent listened to the album though
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Quote by chrismetal86
i like the single "Banned From Heaven" havent listened to the album though

Yes, if I had to choose their best songs, it would be Banned from Heaven and Hellhounds
i dont skate
It doesn't really impress me. Hatecrew Deathroll is still their best effort by far.
whoa it leaked! could you send me a link please?
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by Felty666
It doesn't really impress me. Hatecrew Deathroll is still their best effort by far.

this album reminds me a lot of Hatecrew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet?

it's pretty awesome i think
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Anything after Follow the Reaper is ****.

And everything before that is just "ok"
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Hey it's your opinion, but check out the solo for kissing the shadows and both red light in my eyes parts.
i dont skate
this album from what i heard (banned from heaven) sounds like it has the same sound as far as production goes as "are you dead yet"
Quote by VampireGoldfish

hatebreeder is just as good if not better than ftr... not to mention something wild!
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
i heard blooddrunk and didn't like it too much, i dunno was just different
then again i dont listen to cob that much :O
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
For anyone looking for the songs:
Theyre all on youtube, along with the rest of ripped and stolen videos and music.
i dont skate
I kind of feel sorry for them that they got it leaked, but I'm not gonna miss out on hearing it :P
What I heard from the album I wasn't fond of, but I have 3 of their albums and CoB is a great band.
Quote by Ilya_the_skater
Hey it's your opinion, but check out the solo for kissing the shadows and both red light in my eyes parts.

Umm...I'm pretty sure he has heard the solo to Kissing the Shadows, seeing as to how he liked Follow the Reaper and how Kissing the Shadows is off of Follow the Reaper...
I haven't downloaded it/Searched YouTube for it yet, so I can't say how I feel about it. I've read mixed reviews though. Everyone in this thread seems to hate it, yet a lot of other places have praised it so much, and stated it was better than Are You Dead Yet?
Quote by david_safc
I kind of feel sorry for them that they got it leaked, but I'm not gonna miss out on hearing it :P

I think I wrote that somewhere word for word...
nice!
i dont skate
Quote by Vittu0666
I haven't downloaded it/Searched YouTube for it yet, so I can't say how I feel about it. I've read mixed reviews though. Everyone in this thread seems to hate it, yet a lot of other places have praised it so much, and stated it was better than Are You Dead Yet?

I kinda feel sorry for you man.
Reading reviews before hearing the music might greately affect your own opinion in a negative way.
i dont skate
Quote by xBleedingxTearz
This album blows just as much as AYDY.

Stop Trolling. You got banned for it before, and you'll get banned for it again.
Divid3d has already warned you.

EDIT so my post isn't spam: I haven't heard the leak yet, but I really liked Banned From Heaven, and I thought are you dead yet was good too.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I just listened to most of the album and however much I tried to hate it I thought it was decent. I haven't listened to much of their older stuff though.
IMO, they sound a lot like Norther now. Before people start screaming, I don't think they sounded like Norther so much before, but this album sounds a lot like them. I'll give the album an OK rating, for now.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
i gave it a few listens. its not as bad as i expected. it sounds like a slower version of some of there older stuff. def better than there last album. fav songs r done with everything die for nothing or banned from heaven.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by VampireGoldfish

+1
i disagree with you, but i really like your defiant attitude.

half the songs in Follow the Reaper are crap, in my opinion, i don't get the big deal. Kissing the Shadows is probably my fave COB song though.
Look at my avatar and tell me it ain't the cutest baby you've ever seen.
I've heard Tie My Roope, and Banned From Heaven and I really liked both songs. Sucks for them that it leaked...Im still gonna wait for it to come out to buy it, I can wait
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
basically if you liked AYDY, chances are you'll like this album.

if not then don't even waste your time
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Hmm... I really liked Banned from Heaven and I am loving the title track but the others are kind of meh for me. I only liked a couple songs from AYDY and it looks like this will be the same case.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I don't really like the direction they're going in. They're going the same route as In Flames musically, mediocre riffs and not enough good solos.
I cant get all the way through it, really bad effort by bodom. Their not even trying anymore.
I think it's pretty good, I hated Are You Dead Yet, and I think they're going in a better direction now.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I think it sucks that it has leaked.

And my friend who's a hardcore fan of COB really hates Tie my Rope, and I mean, REALLY hates.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Referring to the 1st post, if u would be a hardcore fan, you would have waited till you have bought the album, before listening any of it.
Quote by xBleedingxTearz
This album blows just as much as AYDY.

I agree with the banned troll, but of course in a much more polite manner.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Feb 26, 2008,
Quote by peewt
Referring to the 1st post, if u would be a hardcore fan, you would have waited till you have bought the album, before listening any of it.

Naw man. I love Bodom and you can't say I don't. I was GOING to buy the album. But well, through the experience I learned to save my money.
Besides you can't say what everyone wants, everyone has a different opinion, which is why I started this thread, to see what some of them are.
i dont skate
Quote by ..NEM..
I think it sucks that it has leaked.

And my friend who's a hardcore fan of COB really hates Tie my Rope, and I mean, REALLY hates.

Agreed. As for the new version of it...well they didnt do much. Added some reveb, longer growls and ****. Not....that...good
i dont skate
i am quite positive after the first glance. a lot of stuff, which to follow, seems to be happening during the songs. some cathcy and interesting stuff here and there also. i'll let it grow a while before i start nagging about it.
just downloaded it in record time, there was over 500 seeds... haha

listening to it now - pretty good, better than are you dead yet, but not anywhere near the classics. It's not full of slow bullshlt like aydy,
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Page 1 of 2