whats a good beginner amp to use? sorry if this i the wrong spot i couldn't find any where to write about amps.
all depends on what you play, what do you play?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
all depends on what you play, what do you play?

And how much $$$ you got.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Do not get an MG. First piece of advice: Stay away from MGs. Unless you want bad tone.

Roland's cube amps are a very good place to look. Just look at the page, and decide which ones are most in your price range. If you're looking for a beginner amp, I've only ever heard good things about the Cube amps.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Yeah, Rolands are the best all around amps. STAY AWAY FROM THE MGS!!! Just like the guy said above me, they sound like crap.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i'm guessing i'll be playing everything except metal. but more like story of the year, underoath, thrice etc...
Last edited by 111@@@ at Feb 25, 2008,
I'm sure that the Roland cube will suit you. Like I said, most people on UG that have owned a Cube will recommend them if you want a beginner amp. Your biggest decision with those is what size you want and how much you are willing to spend. Since you're a beginner, you probably want to stay within a 1-200 dollar range, right? And you most likely want something around 15 watts, because that's good bedroom size right there. Anything under that might also be fine.
Jackson DK2M
Fender MiM Telecaster

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150
I'm sure that the Roland cube will suit you. Like I said, most people on UG that have owned a Cube will recommend them if you want a beginner amp. Your biggest decision with those is what size you want and how much you are willing to spend. Since you're a beginner, you probably want to stay within a 1-200 dollar range, right? And you most likely want something around 15 watts, because that's good bedroom size right there. Anything under that might also be fine.

cool thanks i'll check them out. the most i would spend on an amp is about 300-400 max.
Cubes seem to be the beginner amp recommended for people interested in metal. I would also check out the Vox AD series, just stay away from their XL line.
Quote by rhettro
Cubes seem to be the beginner amp recommended for people interested in metal. I would also check out the Vox AD series, just stay away from their XL line.

Actually the cubes will do a lot of different things, not just metal by any means.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
If you've got $500, get a Peavey Valveking. You gotta give us more details than "I need a beginner amp".
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
If you've got $500, get a Peavey Valveking. You gotta give us more details than "I need a beginner amp".

what more details do you need just let me know and i'll provide it for you.
I have got a Fender Superchamp XD and I like it but for $500 might want to try the Blues Jr it is all tube where as the SC is a Hybrid.I thought about the Blues Jr but it wasn't worth the extra $$$ to me at this time you might think different.
MGs....
being the marshall amps (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=320)?
you could sure be kind and help another beginner out by telling me if this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=70526
is the 'cube' that you crazy kids speak of?

i was planning on buying that marshall tommorow to go along with my first electric...so if its actually a piece of crap...let me know otherwise x]

Edit: ive already got the guitar, its a Vintage v100 (TSB)
Last edited by xConverge at Feb 26, 2008,
I have a Marshall that was like $200 and it works very good IMO for home use. Don't know if you could actually make it super loud.
Quote by Neer
What about Fender amps? Are they good?

Just like any amp company, some are excellent, some are horrible. Take Marshall. Overall, they are a good company. But they make one of the worst amps ever- the MG.

Fender's version of the MG- in my opinion- would be the Frontman amps. If you want Fender, and your budget is between $400 and $500, you should look at the Blues Jr. but always look used first, because you might find something better at the same price.

To Threadstarter: Seeing as your budget is pretty high, why stop at just a "beginner's amp". If you could stretch it, you might be able to afford a ValveKing. ValveKings are good amps for your first tube amp.
Jackson DK2M
Fender MiM Telecaster

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by xConverge
MGs....
being the marshall amps (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=320)?
you could sure be kind and help another beginner out by telling me if this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=70526
is the 'cube' that you crazy kids speak of?

i was planning on buying that marshall tommorow to go along with my first electric...so if its actually a piece of crap...let me know otherwise x]

Edit: ive already got the guitar, its a Vintage v100 (TSB)

According to everyone on here MG's are terrible amps. I've never played through one but I have played through an AVT-100 which is a similiar marshal SS amp and I thought it sounded kind of like ass. It was really harsh. I am really happy with my cubes and my Valve Special (basically a Valve Junior). I like my Cube 20 but most people will steer you towards the micro cube or the Cube 30 because they have "better" modeling. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with a Micro cube for a beginner amp. It has some cool tones, its small, can run on batteries etc. Its also pretty cheap. I would give it a shot.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube