the mars volta? if they count
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Listen to John Frusciante's first solo album. recorded on a 4 track with beautiful melody, raw vocals, synths, backwards effects and all that. It is mixed with Instrumentals, covers, and regular songs. It is out there, if you approach it with an open mind, it is gorgeous. It is a double album.

Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt. I'm not sure if that is what you are lookin' for, but its beautiful. Its mellowed out experimental rock.
rIp
Try Ataxia? One of John Frusciante's bands. I think all the guitar parts were improvised. Really experimental, raw, spaced out sound.
TV On the Radio, Arcade Fire, and My Morning Jacket. These are more indie than modern rock, though.

Quote by TS
im looking for something with a slight phycadelic sound

Try some of the Raveonettes, their latest album "Lust, Lust, Lust" mainly. Lots of psychedelic, noisy guitar work, with softer vocal harmonies. Again, more indie, though.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Last edited by RHCP94 at Feb 25, 2008,
Butthole Surfers.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

oh, and Jane's Addiction too
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

the sound of animals fighting.

and im probably the only one but i find circa survive's first album juturna to be kind of psychedelic, but thats only when im high
alright how about a cross of Animal collective, Pink Floyd, Iron butterflt and soundgarden
Any thing like that?
i know those are pretty different and i know some of your sugestions will be indie and thats alright
Mammatus.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Queens of the Stone Age always seemed like a modern Cream to me, I don't know why. Try Rated R, Lullabies to Paralyze, or Era Vulgrais if you want psychedelic rock. Songs For the Deaf is more straight forward rock. SFTD is my favorite album, but its probably not what you are looking for.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON