well to start, i am wanting a guitar with everything in it i want/like. the problem is most of the production line esp's will do, but i can't get one with all, a production line i am asumming will run +/- $3,000 usd, and the custom one has a sugested retail, (on-line quote) of $5400 usd. i did contact a dealer to get a more ballpark price, ( i will let you know the actual price when i get it) but what do you all think, here is a link to the production line, it is the horizon custom:

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_custom.html

here is what it comes standard with:

Neck-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale

Mahogany Body
Quilted Maple Top

Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard

42mm Graphite Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

24 XJ Frets

Black Nickel Hardware

Sperzel Locking Tuners

Tonepros Locking Bridge, string-thrue body

Seymour Duncan Custom 5 (B) /
Jazz (N) p.u.

Finish: ASB, VA

and this is how i want it:

Neck-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale

Mahogany Body
Quilted Maple Top

Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard - possibly brazilian rosewood? your thoughts?

42mm Graphite Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

22 XJ Frets

Crome Hardware

Delux Gotoh Tuners

Tonepros Locking Bridge with graphite saddles, string-thrue body

Seymour Duncan JB(B) / 59' (N) p.u.

Finish: See-Thrue black

this will be backed by a messa boogie dual rec roadster

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/roadster/roadster.html

so please share your thoughts, and if you think the price to have it "the way you mant" it.
I'm gonna have to say just get a Carvin and swap out the pups bro..
thanks i will check into them but doubt i would switch to carvin though??????
Quote by themntl1
thanks i will check into them but doubt i would switch to carvin though??????

You can order the guitar exactly how you want it, woods and all. It would be less than half of the price of a custom shop ESP, and probably half the wait, too.
i have been a die hard esp guy for years, weight is not an issue, it'll be less then a less paul, do they offer the arched type tops at carvin?
Quote by themntl1
i have been a die hard esp guy for years, weight is not an issue, it'll be less then a less paul, do they offer the arched type tops at carvin?

Yes they do. They offer pretty much anything you can think of for very reasonable prices for a custom made guitar.
Quote by themntl1

I meant how long it would take to get it, not the weight of the guitar.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshopelectricguitars.php are all their custom electrics, but https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=ct6 seems like it'd be what you want. Try configuring one and giving yourself a quote. I think it'd be around $1,800 for exactly what you want.
thanks rwalby9, i did check out the links you gave me, they are some nice guitars, kinda look like prs's, but i will be going with the esp for shure, i am mainly asking if you were to purchase the esp would you go with the production model, or pay the extra arm and leg for the custom, that is why i posted the specks on them in my original post. the horizon model is just "me" i guess i have played countless others built like it, schecter, prs, etc but find the esp is the most comfortable for me, + i have been playing the horizon sonce 1990, when i got me first used custom. so esp it is.
well ESP is going over the specs for this custom option and i should have a in my hand price in the next few days, i will keep you posted.
I can't imagine paying $5400 for that. Either ditching the fanboyism and getting a Carvin, or buying the production custom and upgarding it yourself, strike me as much better options.
the $5400 was an estimated on-line quote SRP, the dealer said it at that quote he would not sell it for that price, because dealer price is different. how different i am not shure but hey i guess i will find out.
Check out Ran guitars they/he does customs for a reasonable price.. I had a quote done and it came to like £1200.
If you're willing to spend that much on a guitar... Look into RAN guitars, everything's custom and will cost less than a custom ESP, even shipped from Poland or wherever they're made.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Do you really just wanna pay for the name "ESP"?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Got to ikke-gakki/ishibashi or go to japan the japanese branch of esp has alot more models than esp usa.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you're willing to spend that much on a guitar... Look into RAN guitars, everything's custom and will cost less than a custom ESP, even shipped from Poland or wherever they're made.

Or KXK.

Or Conklin if you're into 7s.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?