Is it possible to build an effect pedal that will make me pick up radio stations and have them come out my amp? I know sometimes if you're near an airport or radio tower you can pick up some stuff just through your pickups and it sounds really cool so i was wondering if there was a way I could do it on purpose? I have to build something in my electronics class in school and I figured this would wouldn't be a waste of time.
Quote by greensand
Is it overdrive that gives that chugga chugga sound?
That could be a neat effect, at the end of a show or something have some german radio playing with a bunch of effects running through it or something.
Quote by Vermintide
I believe that's a built in feature with some low end Marshalls.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You mean... buy a radio and plug it into your amp?

Too easy?

yeah.. radios dont have 1/4" out
no radio ive ever seen
Quote by greensand
take a radio circut board. use the circut which turns it on and off to wire it to the pedal its self. and wire what ever is going to the radio speakers into a quarter inch. but what do i know
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Wait a minute I have a question... if you had a wah or some kind of like phaser or something and you hooked a radio or this "radio pedal" up first and run it through those pedals could you affect the voices coming through the radio with those other pedals?
cheers betch
to behonest i would by something like that you could do some really cool stuff with it. but yeah i think pretty much youd want to maybe get a handheld radio empty it's guts build a pedal esque case then mount the thing within build a trigger to turn the radio off/on when you press down on the pedal then figure out how to wire your guitar through it then out to your amp in theory it doesnt seem too difficult i think i may actually try this too
Quote by j.pagejr.
Wait a minute I have a question... if you had a wah or some kind of like phaser or something and you hooked a radio or this "radio pedal" up first and run it through those pedals could you affect the voices coming through the radio with those other pedals?

thats why i want to make one so i can have trippy delayed AM radio

like you know those channels that have sunday masses broadcasted so people can listen to it at home imagine that with like feedback and delay. creepy.
Quote by greensand
Last edited by tallyKHLUJHRT at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
adaptors?

what would said adaptor convert? im looking at my old like boombox radio in my room and the only cable it has is for power?

Quote by dieamberdie
to behonest i would by something like that you could do some really cool stuff with it. think i may actually try this too

thanks my inspiration was the song dear boys by latterman from the album no matter where we go. good band. good dudes. backed hard.
Quote by greensand
Last edited by tallyKHLUJHRT at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by tallyKHLUJHRT
what would said adaptor convert? im looking at my old like boombox radio in my room and the only cable it has is for power?

if ur radio has a headphone jack, get one of those double ended wires, and put a 1/4 adaptor on, itll cost u bought 5 bucks for everything at radioshack

problem solved
ok so i plug my guitar into my distortion pedal, then from my distortion pedal to this radio pedal ( i have dubbed the AM annihilator) then i still need to figure out how to do the output from the radio peal to the rest of my effects
Quote by greensand
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You mean... buy a radio and plug it into your amp?

Too easy?

Yeah, no need for all those complex electronics and circuitry. Just get a real radio, God dammit.