Page 1 of 2
So today I was sitting in my first hour class, listening to the announcements about how Swimming went to state, the lunch menu for the day and the weather, shortly after which the Principal announced that battle of the bands was canceled due to a lack of interest... And replaced with battle of the air bands. WTF.

So i went to go and talk to the teacher in charge of student government about this issue, and she says that nobody bothered to submit anything and there were only two bands that had entered... ((In my mind right now ---> because student government did a sh*tty job of advertising. They had a total of TWO announcements and a single meeting in the past two months concerning BOTB))

So now the teacher in charge of it is convinced that nobody cares about battle of the bands. So later today during my free hour I started a petition to bring battle of the bands back, and got 112 kids and three (YES. THREE.) additional bands to sign it in only an hour of walking around the school, what does that say about the situation eh?

So anyway the teacher doesn't know about what I'm doing but she's thoroughly convinced that Air Bands are going to do much better, and I'm not sure how to approach her or who else i should talk to about this matter... I know that this probably isn't the best place to ask for this kind of help but you guys probably understand my point of view here and/or would be on my side in this kinda argument, yes?

Right now I'm basically planning on saying: Ok look, you said there was a lack of interest but just yesterday i went around and found three other bands that are willing to enter that weren't even aware of the contest, and a list of students that are unhappy with the whole situation about it being canceled and would prefer the real thing as opposed to air band.

So even if this is just me kinda ranting about an off day, is there anyone in here that has any kinda support?
Air bands? Wtf?

You should try and look for more bands that'll enter.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
How many people attend your school? 100 could be a minor dent, or half the school.

If it's a significant portion, then just approach the teacher and tell her there IS interest via the petition, and that it was poorly advertised in the first place. Don't be an ass, just present the facts you've gathered.

-SD
Rape the principal!

But seriously, if that petition is not enough, try and get everyone to boycott the air bands competition (WTF!?). Anyway, Battle of the Air Bands is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Wait...is air band like air guitar. Cause that's quite possibly the lamest thing I've ever heard of. Watching people pretend to play instruments? You might as well have a Guitar Hero party or something.

You should throw your on BOTB
Peace.
air band....ohdear god
you show the bitch the petition
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Steve The Plank
Call a stupid bitch and then have sex with her on the table.

You're on fire tonight.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
That's seriously the stupidest damned thing I have ever heard. You have gotta get the Battle of the Bands back on board.

Then only people EVER allowed to enter a "Air Band" contest are Bill & Ted... and Jack Black. :|
Quote by SilentDeftone
How many people attend your school? 100 could be a minor dent, or half the school.

There are about 1700 kids at the school, and I'm hoping to get more signatures tomorrow cuz I have the 1st hour off as well, I just usually sleep in. Woot for that.

Quote by crazygluedmybut
Wait...is air band like air guitar.

Yea. As opposed to Battle of the Bands, the "air bands" pick a song and play air guitar/bass/drums along to it, and whoever imitates it the best wins... Pretty ridiculous, huh?

So in the end, any other petitions are going to help the cause, I would think. Can we call this a virtual signature thing and you guys could just count as one signature for the petition each? I could just give her the link with the rest of the petition and see what she says. So... On with the posting! Thanks guys!
Why not just buy Rock Band and have a battle of the bands with that? Great idea no?
666 BRO
Quote by OrangeMexi
So in the end, any other petitions are going to help the cause, I would think. Can we call this a virtual signature thing and you guys could just count as one signature for the petition each? I could just give her the link with the rest of the petition and see what she says. So... On with the posting! Thanks guys!

We're irrelevant; we won't be attending.

Focus on your school. Get 700 more if you can; that's 10% which is a sizable amount.

-SD
ask if she cares about promoting art creation. show her the petition. be polite.
Yeah, the best idea would be to try and get some other bands to do it. You have power in numbers, and principals tend to change decisions based on popular sovereignty.
Quote by its_alive
Yeah, the best idea would be to try and get some other bands to do it. You have power in numbers, and principals tend to change decisions based on popular sovereignty.

Yea, thats what I was hoping, tomorrow morning I would go in with a big group and tell her all what we need to say, present the band names and their members, all that info. sounds like a plan.

Is it possible to sticky this thread just for tonight, just for the sake of getting more virtual-sig type things? Y'all can delete it tomorrow afternoon, just 'till then I would like every extra bit of support I can muster...
Quote by Kankuro
Why not just buy Rock Band and have a battle of the bands with that? Great idea no?

no
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by SilentDeftone
We're irrelevant; we won't be attending.

Focus on your school. Get 700 more if you can; that's 10% which is a sizable amount.

-SD

800 != 1/10 of 1700

?
thats a good idea to get a petition going. My school is doing a lame-ass airband competition too, its really dumb. I really hope it hasn't replaced the normal shows we have during the school year.
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Quote by voteforpedro36
800 != 1/10 of 1700

?

wouldn't 170 be 10%? either way, whatever we can get would be amazing, though saying that 10% of the school signed a siggie thing would prove an awesome point of awesomeness...
Air band? So people with no discernible talent whatsoever go up on stage and wave their arms around? Wow.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Kankuro
^ And an air band sounds like a better idea?

you got a point =\
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
I'm not gonna lie, I can play the sh*t outta my air Strat. I play some air bass too, but I'm not that great.

I'd have to take BOTB over BOTAB...
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
air bands?

AIR BANDS!?

WHAT THE **** IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN WE CELEBRATE PEOPLE SWATTING AT AIR!!!!!

we're doomed, and heres proof
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
dude, airband contests can be just as fun. do something absolutely ridiculous like Cannibal Corpse or Necrophagist or Fallout Boy or Opeth.

ask if you can have a double-contest? or have your band open for the whole airband thing?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
dude, airband contests can be just as fun. do something absolutely ridiculous like Cannibal Corpse or Necrophagist or Fallout Boy or Opeth.

ask if you can have a double-contest? or have your band open for the whole airband thing?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with airband... until they try to give the boot to real bands. no offence, Just sayin'...

Quote by TheShubes
air bands?

AIR BANDS!?

WHAT THE **** IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN WE CELEBRATE PEOPLE SWATTING AT AIR!!!!!

we're doomed, and heres proof

While that is inevitable in the long run, I think for now this is merely evidence of my school's little-rich-kid mindset of celebrating people with no talent... why the hell would anyone pay for a show with air bands when they could have real talent? WHY!?
^air band contests can be just as fun?

what is the judging process? who is qualified to be a judge?

i mean hell, you could grab 4 kids from special education and you'd have the Van Halen of air-bands
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by TheShubes
i mean hell, you could grab 4 kids from special education and you'd have the Van Halen of air-bands

LOL

dude thats so wrong... but so awesome at the same time...
Honestly, if no one signs up for Battle of the real bands, who the **** would want to sign up for battle of the air swatting mouth distortion bands?
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
got a solution. just sign up for air bands and show up with your instruments
Quote by joeyc
got a solution. just sign up for air bands and show up with your instruments

+1

Or just keep getting signatures, and bands.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Well, considering a Battle of the Air Bands is one of the lamest things I've ever heard, it shouldn't take much convincing to get the BOTB back.
Page 1 of 2