i need to find a website or something that can teach me chords on bass.

like G,C, and other stuff even the minors and like Gm7.

i know most of u guys will say noob or learn fret board. so lets not have much of them.
http://www.vt2000.com/basswork/chords/index.htm

Someone sent me this recently. Its a bit light but not bad.

http://www.cyberfretbass.com/arpeggios/index.php

Even better--teaches you all of the arpeggio shapes.
Quote by floyd matt
like my guitar player is play G i wanna know the G chord on bass and so on.

Basses don't typically play chords bro. It can be done, but not in the sense of being like a guitarist. Usually bassists make up bass lines from the notes in the chord the guitar is playing. If you're really stuck, and can't grasp this concept, play roots. In other words, if the guitarist is playing a G chord, play a G.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
You have to memorize your fret board. A G would be either 3rd fret on the E string, 10th fret on your A string, 5th fret on your D string, or open on your G string.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
You have to memorize your fret board. A G would be either 3rd fret on the E string, 10th fret on your A string, 5th fret on your D string, or open on your G string.

Or 24th fret of your G string if you have one (the fret, not the string). But that's only if you're avant-garde, most wouldn't understand
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
This is not a cut down. It's a pretty good book to find out stuff like you're asking. It explains chords, different styles of music, examples of riffs and runs...etc.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
G-15--------
D-15--------
A------------
E-15--------

^
G Minor

G-15-------
D-14--------
A-15--------
E-----------

^
C
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
well, I just play the bottom of open chords on guitar, and bar them. eg:
G:

e--3--or-e--0 (this is E, but move it up three frets and you get G)
b--0------b--0
g--0------g--1
d--0------d--2
a--2------a--2
e--3------e--0

becomes:

g--0-or-g--4
d--0-----d--5
a--2-----a--5
e--3-----e--3
Last edited by jimRH7 at Feb 26, 2008,
Quote by CNC-Digity
G-15--------
D-15--------
A------------
E-15--------

^
G Minor

G-15-------
D-14--------
A-15--------
E-----------

^
C

Those chords are wrong unless I'm missing something here. Your 'C' has no fifth but has a seventh and the G minor has G, F, B. Isn't G minor G, Bb, D?