I recently purchased a Warwick Corvette Standard, off ebay... The seller listed the body was made of bubinga.

Is there any way i could tell if it really is bubinga and not ash?

There is one quick way to find out. Ash is a hard wood. Bubinga is a very soft African low-detail grain that dents/scratches easily.
If you turn it on its back to an inconspicuous place and try to dig your fingernail in (nothing harder in case you don't want to ruin the cosmetics), you'll be able to tell what kind of wood it is. Bubinga will flex with some force whereas ash will not (be careful to discern the difference between a veneer scratch and a wood scratch).

This won't help you visually but you'll have an instant result. Hope it helps. Otherwise you can find the serial on Google or a picture somewhere online and compare it.
Quote by tyler_coleman
There is one quick way to find out. Ash is a hard wood. Bubinga is a very soft African low-detail grain that dents/scratches easily.
If you turn it on its back to an inconspicuous place and try to dig your fingernail in (nothing harder in case you don't want to ruin the cosmetics), you'll be able to tell what kind of wood it is. Bubinga will flex with some force whereas ash will not (be careful to discern the difference between a veneer scratch and a wood scratch).

This won't help you visually but you'll have an instant result. Hope it helps. Otherwise you can find the serial on Google or a picture somewhere online and compare it.

What he said^

I dont want to jinx it, but it does look a little light. Take a something and poke the inside of the electronics cavity and you might be able to tell. Ash is extremely hard, and you wont be able to put a dent in it unless you really throw in some elbow grease.
Thank you both very much, I will have to wait to check it beacuse I have not recieved it yet.
I checked it out on MF, GC, M123, and talkbass and all of the pictures/descrips say it's made of bubinga. It doesn't look like yours has had any alterations or that it's a knockoff with a Warwick sticker, so you can probably safely assume that it's bubinga.
I have a bubinga Rogue that I bought when I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a six-string and I've had it a couple years with no scratches or dents whatsoever (I'm a full-time student and 3-5 night/wk. gigging musician that uses all of his instruments a lot), so it's possible not to mess up the veneer or the wood itself.
I also baby my instruments a lot. Just be careful, I've seen nasty things done to beautiful soft-wood basses over the years.
It looks like an ash one to me...the grain doesn't look right for bubinga. They'll have better knowledge in the Warwick thread in the bass forum though. Or you could always email Warwick the serial number.
I'm pretty sure that body is made out of ash. Don't they make the corvette basses with either ash or bubinga