Is it possible to build an effect pedal that will make me pick up radio stations and have them come out my amp? I know sometimes if you're near an airport or radio tower you can pick up some stuff just through your pickups and it sounds really cool so i was wondering if there was a way I could do it on purpose? I have to build something in my electronics class in school and I figured this would wouldn't be a waste of time.
Quote by greensand
Is it overdrive that gives that chugga chugga sound?
take an fm radio and take the headphone out to a Y-type connector where the radio comes in one side and the guitar in the other, and have the combined signal coming out the 3rd side and run that to your amp i dont think that it will be possible to have the amp distorted,so you will have to use a distortion pedal BEFORE the Y connection
Quote by nt1440
didnt someone literally just make this thread?

yeah i did but they told me to move it to the gear section so thats what i did
Quote by greensand
use unsheilded wiring inside the pedal with the wires being as long as possible. you basically want to turn it into a giant radio antenna. the only thing is that if you're running any amount of gain through the pedal, it'll oscillate like a son of a bitch.
Get a little portable/personal radio with a built in speaker and hold the speaker part over your pickup. That's what I do. Quite impossible to play at the same time though.
These go to eleven...
Quote by guitarman216
if you're running any amount of gain through the pedal, it'll oscillate like a son of a bitch.

what does that mean? and could it be potentially awesome?
Quote by greensand
Get a small radio with a headphone output. Put a simple A/B switch between the radio and the "out" jill socket. Make the other input on the A/B switch another jill socket. Find a box to house it in, and voila. However, if you want to blend the sounds it will be more difficult, and I can't help you.
think of what it would sound like to put a cat in a blender, with a microphone, and then running it through a Metal Zone with all the knobs cranked, into a cranked PA, with all of the microphones of said PA pointing right at the speakers of said PA.

horrible noises and feedback.
Quote by guitarman216
think of what it would sound like to put a cat in a blender, with a microphone, and then running it through a Metal Zone with all the knobs cranked, into a cranked PA, with all of the microphones of said PA pointing right at the speakers of said PA.

horrible noises and feedback.

well i dig sonic youth so this is all good news to me haha
Quote by greensand