i been practicing my soloing a lot and want to learn something else along with it. Anyone have some simple songs to start me off using the right hand picking, with fingers. Thumb, Index,ringer, and I'm not sure if people use pinky? thanks
LOL
Since you mentioned soloing, are you looking for something with tapping, or are you thinking about fingerpicking? If you want the first, then go for progressive metal/shred, and if you want the second, look into folk/bluegrass/country. There are also songs with hybrid picking, which are played with both a pick and your fingers.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Nothing Else Matter s by Metallica would be a good place to start, but I learnt to fingerpick on the intro of Megadeth's 'A Tout Le Monde' (Even though it isn't fingerpicked).
Stairway to Heaven is relatively easy, and later on you could try some Clapton like 'Tears in Heaven' and eventually 'Classical Gas'.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
nothing else matters - metallica
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Most people don't use their pinky but you would sure look like a badass if you had all five finger chiken pickin away.